Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Unexpectedly Unavailable?

Originally Posted by SteveinMN

You say that like it was a bad thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Well, it ain't Arthur Treacher's but it's not bad.
    Well stated. LJS kind of lost it for me when they had display cases for the finished product and rivulets of cooking oil were all over them. As were those little fried droplets of batter. Then I moved away from their market for many many years. They probably don't have those displays any more.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Originally Posted by SteveinMN

You say that like it was a bad thing...

Well stated. LJS kind of lost it for me when they had display cases for the finished product and rivulets of cooking oil were all over them. As were those little fried droplets of batter. Then I moved away from their market for many many years. They probably don't have those displays any more.
    When I was a kid, Arthur Treacher’s was one of those things you had to drive into the city (Chicago) for. Sort of like White Castle. That gave it a certain cachet. Do they still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Do they still exist?
    I believe there's only one left, outside Akron Ohio. It's about a 250 mile roadtrip for me so even though I loved their fish, I didn't love it that much.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Oh how I wish all the cats in the world were this well treated. Well, I wish all the children in the world were this well treated!
    Wish the same.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Loved Long John Silver's! Used to ask for extra crispies - which became so popular, they started charging a bit more for "extra". LOL. We used to have one not too far away, but last time I drove by, it was gone.
    Brings back memories of my high school part-time job at LJS. 2 pieces of battered cod and fries for $1.69.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I have my tiny Christmas list mostly checked off--maybe one or two food-type items left. So I'm covered, no matter what happens.

Amazon has been reliable and prompt, as always.

I really haven't noticed any bare shelves in Santa Fe. The only thing there seems to be a shortage of is staff in every store and nurses. New Mexico moved to Crisis Standard of Care this week, which probably means I won't be able to get my little wrist surgery in December after all.

Leaving for the Rio Grande of Texas next week. Hopefully, there are no/few shortages there. The landlord is providing a freezer we requested so we will not have to grocery shop as often. Will be happy to leave the miserable, cold north clime.

Thread Information