Thread: Unexpectedly Unavailable?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I get it, (and I know you're responding to a kind of unrelated topic about store shelves) but that reminds me of my DIL, who used to say that they would go to the annual family Christmas party and exchange gift cards. Cash is even more mundane if everyone does it because, why give anything?? No thought, no benefit (equal exchange, I would assume). Save the trip to the bank and send a card.

I don't think worrying about what's in stock has anything to do with Christmas, unless you're the type who has stood in line since 5am for a Cabbage Patch doll (I'm sure you haven't done that, Tradd!). My favorite gifts have been those odd things that people make or find. I think it was frugal-one who recently said she just finished making Christmas gifts from scraps (someone correct me if I'm wrong). One of the things that made "The Purge" was a set of 3 dishtowels that my DIL's mother made me. She crocheted a border on towels she purchased, and that simple border made all the difference. They are beautiful. I use them as mini-runners, or basket liners, but I NEVER use them to dry dishes. They are "A few of my favorite things."

[To stay on topic, I haven't run into anything that seems to be chronically out of stock]
    Nope... not me. I was the one who said they really enjoyed gift giving. I love thinking about the gift a person would want. I used to keep a book with everyone's name in it. When they made reference to something or I thought of something they would like, I wrote it down. I guess it just takes being observant??? Sadly, I have very few people to give gifts to now.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Nope... not me. I was the one who said they really enjoyed gift giving. I love thinking about the gift a person would want. I used to keep a book with everyone's name in it. When they made reference to something or I thought of something they would like, I wrote it down. I guess it just takes being observant??? Sadly, I have very few people to give gifts to now.
    Hmm... who was it? Someone here said they had finished their Christmas crafts by making potholders and other fabric things out of scrap quilting fabric.

Anyway, frugal-one, you're the type of giver I have in mind. The giftee is always thrilled to get things chosen with real consideration.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmm... who was it? Someone here said they had finished their Christmas crafts by making potholders and other fabric things out of scrap quilting fabric.

Anyway, frugal-one, you're the type of giver I have in mind. The giftee is always thrilled to get things chosen with real consideration.
    It was flowerseverywhere!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information