Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpectedly Unavailable?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Seriously?
    Yep, had to settle for chicken planks.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

RedSpruce, 25 years ago I lived in a small Midwestern town with three grocery stores - aldi, which was basically aldi. A warehouse store where you never knew what they would have or what the quality would be, but the prices were cheap and you could bring your own containers or buy their cardboard packing boxes for 5 cents each as available. And the “fancy” store. Every week the fancy store put out a flyer that we referred to as “the list of things we won’t have this month.” Deep discounts, very limited quantity. They didn’t restock more than a few items until the rainchecks expired. The theory seemed to be “ if you’re here anyway, you’ll buy something, and if you keep coming back for the raincheck, you’ll buy something then too.”

Dog food, again! Kitten food. Bottled water.
    Chicken wings, legs.
    “regular” crackers, i.e. no low sodium, flavored, etc.
    green vegetables.
    hose washers!

basically, there’s not much point in making a grocery list anymore, half of it will be out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    The theory seemed to be “ if you’re here anyway, you’ll buy something, and if you keep coming back for the raincheck, you’ll buy something then too.”
    That about sums it up Chicken Lady! Totally annoys me. If it’s not there, I don’t bother with a raincheck anymore. I have better things to do than spend my time running around to grocery stores all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Stopped by our local Long John Silvers today, they were out of fish.

What was your response?

Argh.......
    Shiver me timbers?

I remember being able to eat that when I was young. The last time I tried it, tasted good, but all the grease didn't settle.

I have friends that shop at 3 stores for the best price on certain items. I prefer going to the store that consistently has the best price on everything. However, Winco is only in 5 western states.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    What was your response?

Argh.......
    Shiver me timbers?
    No, but I wish I'd thought of it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

For our Hermann house I want to start ordering things because so many large pieces are out of stock. Buy “things “I mean kitchen stove, bathroom vanities etc. But I don’t have any place to put them. Oh wait I can put them in the garage.

But the garage door is on back order and will not be here until next January! So never mind. I guess in January when it’s actually installed I’ll start ordering stuff.

I ordered a in stock dishwasher from Lowe’s and it took them a month to find a installer. If I hadn’t been nagging them the past two weeks I would still be waiting.

I ordered an in stock dishwasher from Lowe’s and the first delivery date (after 5 days) they drove all the way up my driveway, called the wrong (totally random) phone number, and went back to the store. (Dh was upstairs working). The second attempt a week later they drove to my empty house, called no one, and left it in the driveway. I’m married to the installer.

Thread Information