Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September Purge

Yppej

September Purge

I continue with 10 digital items per day, some each day now old emails from my son on things like our internet and cable service. I know he will not be discussing them with me anymore.

That's a good idea--I will try that or maybe up it to 27, like Fly Lady.

Got rid of the last of my "bought during the pandemic just in case even though I don't use them normally" stash. Got rid of some cleaning products as well as disinfecting wipes that were under the kitchen sink. Also purged some stuff from the junk drawer. This morning I decided to get rid of my handheld vacuum that I bought to spot clean spilled litter. I don't use it because I ended up buying litter mats that work well at keeping tracked litter off the carpets.

Yesterday I took 4 bags of towels to the local shelter. How many blessed towels does one couple need?!
    Also purged my cookbook collection. I have a 2-shelf bookshelf which was full and had a 10-stack on top. Now the shelves are both 1/2-filled, and no stack. AND the cookbooks are in quasi-categories. Until DH gets into them.

Sold one dress on Poshmark the other day (didn't see this thread until today).
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Maybe next week I will start on photographs on my hard drive. I now store everything on iCloud, but there are batches of images on my hard drive. Most of them I’ll get rid of but some must be transferred.

I delete my emails daily if I don’t need to save them.

My sister stopped by on her way to Savers and fabric recycling, and she relieved me of a worn out sheet and two vases.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I continue with 10 digital items per day, some each day now old emails from my son on things like our internet and cable service. I know he will not be discussing them with me anymore.
    This is such a good idea, Yppej. I may try this eventually.

Passed on two under-bed storage bags that were too high to put under my low Ikea bed to a person from my Buy Nothing Group.

Yppej
    Weeds since we got some good weather. More to follow.

Thread Information