Thread: Who here has Ting cell phone service?

Who here has Ting cell phone service?

I remember reading that they liked it but it is one of those LONG posts that go through a number of issues so I can't locate who it was. I am clueless on this type of product and would appreciate HELP!

I think it will work with my current phone and am wondering about reception in different areas of the country??? It primarily will be used as a phone but with some texts. I think it was $10/month if you don't use much service???

Thanks.

Look at Boom Mobile. They’re a reseller. I use them. They resell Verizon and T-Mobile. Had AT&T through them for maybe 18 months before AT&T went away. Back with Verizon and thrilled with coverage. Used to have service directly with Verizon. I have unlimited for $45 a month. Check them out. They have very minimal packages too.

The Frugal Girl has used Ting for a long time and has done some posts on it. The site is searchable, not sure if my search results will come through on the link. I really like and trust her.

https://www.thefrugalgirl.com/author...=ting%20mobile

I use Ting and love it. It is $10.00 per month for unlimited talk and unlimited texts plus tax and fees, so the final amount I pay each month is $13.34. It is set up on my iPhone 7. It works with Verizon towers and T-Mobile towers. If I use data, I pay $5 per month flat fee for anything more than zero data up to 1GB of data. If I need 2 GB of data, I pay $10 on top of the basic $10 fee. If I need 3 GB of data, I'd pay $15 on top of the $10 fee and so on. This set up allows me to always have access to data if I need it but to not pay for data if I don't need it. Ting's service is great. By the way, I have used Boom in the past also and was very happy with them as well. My phone died while I was away from home and I ended up getting a replacement iPhone at Wax-Mart and their Straight Talk service (big mistake) but that is the reason I left Boom. When I checked most recently, Boom was more expensive than Ting and didn't offer the kind of plan that worked as well for me as Ting's did, but I do recommend both Ting and Boom depending on your needs.

I suggest going to Ting.com and going onto their chat service or calling them if you have any questions. Basically, though, if you choose them, they will mail you a sim card and a handy little tool to get your old sim card out. It is like a metal paper clip with a distinctive shape. I put it on my keychain and that has saved me angst ever since on switching out sim cards. The process is generally pretty easy.

Earlier this year, I sent a referral link to my parents and they switched their iPhones SE and 10 from Verizon to Ting and went from an average combined monthly bill of $85 per month to $33 per month and they have been very happy with Ting also.

I hope everything works out with you and that you end up saving money and with better customer and mechanical service.

By the way, about service, I live in a city in Tennessee where all the services work but my parents live in a small community. It doesn't always have great service for certain towers, but the Ting tech representative suggested going into settings on my iPhone under phone and turning off wifi calling which I believe uses my home internet instead of the towers. That has been a useful workaround for me for times I'm in an area where the towers don't work so well that I'm using.

Thread Information