Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Your take on shortages/supply chain disruptions?

The seat belt analogy is a pretty bad one, the risks there are pretty much born by the person not wearing a seatbelt. There may be societal costs but they are pretty diffuse, they aren't much like a pandemic at all.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    The seat belt analogy is a pretty bad one, the risks there are pretty much born by the person not wearing a seatbelt. There may be societal costs but they are pretty diffuse, they aren't much like a pandemic at all.
    Well, affirmative evasive maneuvers are hard to accomplish without a decent seatbelt and seat setup. If you are not wearing your belt properly, with your seat properly adjusted, you are in danger of losing control of your vehicle in circumstances that you would have little trouble with otherwise.

Jane, we found that Chewy is, for us, a reliable source for cat food. Just got our shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I have sort of given up on the normal commercial supply chain here, between general shortages and problems with shipping cargo to the island now. I have contracted with some local farmers for a beeve, a pig, some goats, some lambs, some chickens, and some rabbits to secure a source.

We did that here too. Will not be in Texas for the majority of the year so will try to get enough to fill our small freezer for the time we are there. Costco, Sprouts and HEB will probably be our main suppliers??? I would much prefer local farmers but don't think we have enough room (or time to consume all) to go that route unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Jane, we found that Chewy is, for us, a reliable source for cat food. Just got our shipment.
    I mentioned that to my friend, who apparently didn't get her Amazon order in before the product disappeared. Word is Chewy is getting limited, too.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A friend reports they're having to order cat food from Amazon, due to local shortages.
    Cat food has become hard to find in Phoenix. I stocked up on cat food recently in Tucson when I was down there for my deceased friend's Celebration of Life. Rob

Her cat, a ginger tom fondly known as The Prince, will be displeased if his preferred flavor of pate' becomes unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Her cat, a ginger tom fondly known as The Prince, will be displeased if his preferred flavor of pate' becomes unavailable.
    Yes. Just try explaining supply chain problems to a cat! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Yes. Just try explaining supply chain problems to a cat! ��
    My cat only understands assigning blame, and wreaking vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    May be very high because the virus may morph into something our vaccine won't be able to handle because there are those still being infected. Also very high now because the unvaccinated are taking over hospitals whereby usual illnesses cannot be treated. IMO we should handle the situation like Portugal. If you are not vaccinated and get sick stay home and take care of yourself.... Also in times of a health crisis, hopefully, the government WILL step in so this is eradicated. Freedumb be damned.
    Sneer at freedom all you want. I kind of like it, and am not particularly interested in surrendering it over some small chance something bad might happen if people are allowed to do dumb things.

There are plenty of diseases that could become more lethal in the future, and even if we forced every American to be vaxxed and masked there is still the rest of the planet to consider as far as what might develop.

Thread Information