Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Your take on shortages/supply chain disruptions?

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Most scientists would say viruses are not a living thing. https://blogs.webmd.com/public-healt...-living-things
    Hunh, interesting. Ok, I accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Mobility was not mentioned in that article.
    The article mentioned traveling, crawling, flying and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    That is very interesting. So, what is the verdict? Are shortages going to get worse? Because at the moment, I'm not experiencing any decrease in my quality of life because of shortages, but maybe it just hasn't hit Vermont, or maybe I just haven't encountered a need I can't fill.

I know international trade has been around since Marco Polo and beyond, but the complexities in the NYT article do speak to the value of local economies.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

May go into 2023.

When you can’t get parts for your car or an appliance, that’s when it might start to bite.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Greets to all from Nogales, AZ. Something that has me creeped out is reading that medication shortages are coming. I'm so lucky to live in a border state as many medications are manufactured in Mexico and on this long weekend I crossed into Mexico and it seems that most meds are still available though I did have to go to several phamacies to find indomethacin. And there are still supply chain problems. Food is available though not all ingredients so eating out is a matter of what's available, not what you'd prefer to order. I did not see any bare shelves in Mexico as of yet, though. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Alan, could you split my post into paragrahs? Sorry I didn't think to do so. Thank You. Rob

We have a broken dishwasher- new one was easy to purchase, unlike the refrigerator we needed this is a standard size.

We just had to buy a new dishwasher because we couldn't get the parts for our old one. I much preferred what we had. We ended up with a cheapie that does the job but isn't anywhere near as nice as the old one.

Apparently the paving stones for the new patio came in, but still waiting on the decking for the porches.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information