Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Your take on shortages/supply chain disruptions?

The dining room furniture I ordered May 30 is to be delivered Saturday. Fingers crossed it's not damaged or missing anything.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    May go into 2023.

When you can’t get parts for your car or an appliance, that’s when it might start to bite.
    Contemplate the Haber-Bosch process, and ask yourself where the fertilizer that mainstream US commercial agriculture relies upon comes from...

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    The dining room furniture I ordered May 30 is to be delivered Saturday. Fingers crossed it's not damaged or missing anything.
    You must be excited after waiting for so long. Fingers crossed for you!

Becky, hoping it’s perfect! That was a long wait.

I'm planning to go to costco tomorrow to get paper towels and toilet paper. We've got enough of each for maybe another 3-4 weeks. I assume it will be feast or famine.

I have not noticed a shortage of toilet paper or paper towels.

As noone knows all that is causing supply chain problems (well covid is probably part of it) but some say it's just people buying a record amount of stuff, people need to stop buying so much cr@p, or if they can't do that, at least spread the buying out over many months.
    Trees don't grow on money

Congrats, beckyliz!!!! Crossing fingers that it all arrives in perfect condition!

The decking for our porches has finally come in!! The guys have been working all week on the patio, side paving, and have started tearing out boards on the first porch. (They did leave the flooring right in front of the door, as there is no other access at the moment - lol)

I'm soooo excited! As I posted previously, this is the first major bit of work we have done on this house in decades! I don't remember where I posted the picture of the deck being removed, but I'll post a pic of the new patio in Housing - once it is complete. I'm thinking/hoping everything will be done in a week!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    You realize the US requires a negative covid test within 3 days of flight for incoming passengers?
    Interestingly enough there is no covid test required from US citizens/permanent residents when returning to the US as a pedestrian. Rob

Happy, looking forward to seeing the finished deck. I am not stocking up because if everyone does that there will definitely be shortages.

Thread Information