Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Your take on shortages/supply chain disruptions?

I used to work for Amazon... Their key warehouses are located in the delta, and one of the main ones (an Amazon Robotics building, YVR4) is in Tsawwassen. If all that is cut off with the rest of the country... I'm glad I don't work for them anymore, because they must be tearing their hair out right now: there will be no Black Friday in Canada, or folks will have to be okay with waiting weeks for their shopping to arrive.
    Earn more, spend less, invest the rest.
    www.letsretireyoung.com

DH and I went out to his favorite German restaurant for his birthday Thursday night. We had reservations for 5 p.m.

We had looked at the menu online and already decided what we wanted to order.

First up, I asked for the roast pork. Server: No, I'm sorry, we are out of that.
    Me: Oh, ok, how about the cabbage roll? Server: Um, I'll check with the chef and see if we still have that.
    DH: I'll have the Weiner Schnitzel. Server: Oh! I'm sorry, we are out of veal. We can't get it in right now.
    DH: ok, I'll have the chicken schnitzel.

Server returns to table and tells me they don't have what they need for the cabbage rolls.

I just order a sausage and sauerkraut.

Sheesh! We go here a few times a year; they're a pretty big place in our town. We were really surprised, and felt badly for the server who kept having to tell us they were out of things. They still had German beer anyway!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Happy birthday to your dh! And them still having the German beer is a thumbs up!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

KayLR, that was India during the First Gulf War. We got a big menu of alcoholic beverages but after a long series of "No we dont have that" we finally figured out they only had Tiger Rum and Champagne. Had to laugh. Guess they were hoping we would choose the right thing.

Anyone know if there has been any forward movement in the supply chain disruptions? With some shortages on grocery shelves, I was just wondering if any of the lines of cargo ships, etc. have had any movement.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Yppej
    The dealership is no longer offering evening or weekend appointments. I guess I will get my oil changes elsewhere and hope it doesn't void the warranty. I am not going to waste four vacation days of my ten per year for this. If I want to waste them I'll go on a hunger strike.

Something must've moved. A local craft store a friend of mine works for is having major sales because their Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff finally came in last week!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

An online big fabric store has said shipments are arriving fast and preorders are being shipped out. Not consistently since a few items are "missing".

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Anyone know if there has been any forward movement in the supply chain disruptions? With some shortages on grocery shelves, I was just wondering if any of the lines of cargo ships, etc. have had any movement.
    Most of our packaged food is produced domestically. So the port situation would have little impact on grocery store stocks.

But yes, somethings are moving better.

I figured you would have "inside info", Tradd. Thanks. Since I generally don't shop much else besides groceries, I was curious. Good to hear some things are moving again.

Thread Information