Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Free copy of and lamination of vaccination cards

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,768

    Free copy of and lamination of vaccination cards

    Went today and Office Depot made a copy and laminated our cards for free. YLMV

  2. #2
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,263
    I created a PDF of mine and store it on my phone.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,288
    When we got our boosters, they updated the cards, which they wouldn't have been able to do if they were laminated. Maybe they would have just given us each a second card with the booster info, so it might not make a big difference. I'm not sure.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,378
    Took a picture of mine with my phone.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

  5. #5
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    12,619
    Well, I was going somewhere where I thought I might need to show my card, so I put it in my wallet. Before I put it in my wallet I took a picture of it.

    Didn't need it, but kept it in the wallet.

    A couple of weeks later, I went hiking with DH and he asked me to put his Diet Pepsi in my backpack. Despite my twisting the cap to make sure it was closed, it leaked all over my backpack and got my wallet all wet. My Medicare card: soaked. My money: soaked. My vaccination card: some of the letters were smudged but not terrible. So now I really want to get it laminated.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    9,916
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Took a picture of mine with my phone.
    Ditto. I made a photo album of all important documents, and try to remember to update it.

  7. #7
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,263
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Ditto. I made a photo album of all important documents, and try to remember to update it.
    I use the Notes application on my iPhone to do the same, PDF's of Drivers License, Insurance Cards, Vehicle Registrations, Social Security Card, etc.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    9,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I use the Notes application on my iPhone to do the same, PDF's of Drivers License, Insurance Cards, Vehicle Registrations, Social Security Card, etc.
    I ended up keeping a copy of Everything Important in a Google photo album and/or Google Drive/Docs.

    It has come in handy to get into essential things when I didn't have one of my own devices with me. I suspect it would be handy in Recovering My Life if I lost my phone/wallet/passport while travelling.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    When we got our boosters, they updated the cards, which they wouldn't have been able to do if they were laminated. Maybe they would have just given us each a second card with the booster info, so it might not make a big difference. I'm not sure.
    They made a COPY of the card and laminated that. The original can still be written on for future, if needed.

    I also made a digital copy but like having a physical copy.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I ended up keeping a copy of Everything Important in a Google photo album and/or Google Drive/Docs.

    It has come in handy to get into essential things when I didn't have one of my own devices with me. I suspect it would be handy in Recovering My Life if I lost my phone/wallet/passport while travelling.
    This would make me very nervous….

    Cons of Google Drive
    Potential security risks. One of the major cons of Google Drive is the potential security risks. ...
    Internet connection is inevitable. Another major disadvantage of Google Drive is you must be connected to the internet to see the real-time updates made. ...
    File size Limits. ...
    Unpredictable Third-Party Apps.
    —————
    How safe is Google Drive?
    Google Drive is generally very secure, as Google encrypts your files while they're being transferred and stored. However, Google can undo the encryption with encryption keys, meaning that your files can theoretically be accessed by hackers or government offices.Feb 25, 2021

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •