Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Chapelle—CANCELLED!

Kaepernick might disagree with you, Iris. He hasn't played in 4 years.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    He should never have opted out of his contract with the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I will also add that Kepernick, like the Dixie Chicks, were not hired to give cultural commentary like Dave Chapelle is.

Kaepernick is supposed to play football. Dixie Chicks are supposed to make music and if they infuse some politics into their songs, well, ok. But that isn’t what they did.

Also Kaepernick is worth $20 million today, and Nike is still making money off him. After Nike stock took a dump due to Kaepernick, sales remained strong, so Colin is by reasonable accounts is doing well.

Yppej
    I looked up the net worth of the richest NFL players and they're all well above $20 million:

https://wealthygorilla.com/richest-nfl-players/

On another site I read the average player makes $2.7 million per year gross.

So Colin could potentially do better but could do worse as well had he continued playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    So Colin could potentially do better but could do worse as well had he continued playing.
    If I recall correctly he didn't seem to be interested in continuing to play. I remember at one point the NFL went out of their way to set up a try-out session for him where representatives of all NFL teams would be to evaluate his abilities. At the last minute he failed to show at the try-out location although did announce that he would be at another location if anyone was interested. I think his interest in staying in the public eye is greater than his interest in playing football.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Chapelle’s untitled new video is now getting dropped by film festivals after being in their lineups.

That is “cancelled.”

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Maybe he’s big enough to break the chains of weaponized wokeness and emancipate comedy from the sensitivity police. As a concerned citizen, I try to show my support by never missing a special.

The alternative is a bleak dystopian future of Stephen Colbert, John Oliver and Samantha Bee.
    I tried to watch Colbert once but couldn’t get through 5 minutes.

It’s sad to think that he’s taken over what used to be the best late night TV show ever. I truly feel fortunate to have grown up watching David letterman in his glory days. I stayed up way late to watch because I was a night owl anyway. It barely registered with me when he moved from one network to the other because I don’t pay attention to that stuff, it was always the Letterman show regardless of where he was performing it.

I never understood what was so great about J Leno, I found him dull. I get the late night Jimmys mixed up, isn’t there a Jimmy Fallon and a Jimmy… Another Jimmy? I guess Conan O’Brien is supposed to be good but I just think he’s mediocre.

I’ve been watching clips of Letterman in the years towards the end of his show. I like the way he owned up to his affairs with staff although I don’t think any of them were “METOO“events because the women were willing participants.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-26-21 at 7:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Chapelle’s untitled new video is now getting dropped by film festivals after being in their lineups.

That is “cancelled.”
    What does "cancelled" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What does "cancelled" mean?
    Shunned, commercially dropped, fired from jobs.

Some would probably say “shouted down ” but I am all ok with rebuttal discourse.

Interesting. I disliked Letterman ... found him dull and boring and always watched Leno and now watch Colbert. As with any show some episodes are better than others.

Thread Information