Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now That The Dust Has Settled (regarding January 6th)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Now That The Dust Has Settled (regarding January 6th)

Just like I posted above - now that time has passed, what do you make of January 6th? Honestly, I am still so amazed that this happened I don't know what to make of it. Rob

It was several degrees of awful.

I don’t think the dust has settled yet.

I hope the dust has not settled yet, as I think it was a VERY big thing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It's interesting to think how this would be seen if there actually had been major electoral shenanigans in play during the election. The line between treasonous scum and saviors of the republic is mighty thin.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I support prosecuting everyone involved.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I know otherwise reasonable people who believe the election was stolen. One woman told me Obama is the ringleader and all the judges and republicans who said it was legitimate were paid of by get this… the Jews, BLM and Soros. Of course Hillary is in on it and it will all come out and the Jan 6 “patriots” will be revered by all as savers of our democracy. I still see Trump flags and these people are convinced the election will be overturned and Trump reinstated.

I doubt I will ever forget that day. We were mesmerized in horror. It was lucky Pence or Pelosi weren’t killed. Unfortunately many law enforcers were hurt and a few killed. But no worries. Trump was recently praising Ashley Babbit who was killed by law enforcement so there is that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...637477%3famp=1

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It's interesting to think how this would be seen if there actually had been major electoral shenanigans in play during the election. The line between treasonous scum and saviors of the republic is mighty thin.
    But c’mon, these people are not ones I trust to save anything important.

They were there to raise hell and rouse rabble, just like shit disturbers in my town. I don’t see that this January 6 group was any more ideologically motivated than most of the rioters who gather to tear down buildings in St. Louis, loot, and shoot the occasional cop.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But c’mon, these people I’m not ones I trust to save anything important.

They were there to raise hell and rouse rabble, just like this shit disturbers in my town. I don’t see that this January 6 group was any more ideologically motivated than most of the riders who gather to tear down buildings in St. Louis, loot, and shoot the occasional cop.
    I suspect you're mostly right....but still...
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But c’mon, these people are not ones I trust to save anything important.

They were there to raise hell and rouse rabble, just like shit disturbers in my town. I don’t see that this January 6 group was any more ideologically motivated than most of the rioters who gather to tear down buildings in St. Louis, loot, and shoot the occasional cop.
    Seriously? They wanted to hang the VP!

Thread Information