Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid19 Pfizer booster

Jane and happy, I heard some of that too, really recently in the past week, that mixing would be a good idea. It makes me wonder if I should get a Jansen booster, since it works differently. Someone was suggesting those who had the Jansen should get Moderna or Pfizer.

People could switch between classes if that was the case. But people are getting boosters now, so not sure whether advice will keep evolving...

One of the TV medical correspondents recommended waiting a couple of weeks to see how it is decided.

Europe mixed the vaccines using volunteers and they revealed the results a few days ago. My booster made me sick for 2 days. Better than last time. It’s unpleasant but beats dying.

Yppej
    Now supposedly you need a J&J booster after just two months. Great for the pharmaceutical companies, but many Americans are saying, "Homey don't play that."

I went through hell and high water to get my husband to get vaccinated with the J & J a month ago or so. Now they're saying he needs to get the booster right away. I don't know - all this info flying around doesn't boost my confidence and definitely not his either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The people in the Third World and the World Health Organization thank you. I wonder if there's some karma in this type of reaction to boosters, a payback as it were for American exceptionalism.
    Who Raised You ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Europe mixed the vaccines using volunteers and they revealed the results a few days ago. My booster made me sick for 2 days. Better than last time. It’s unpleasant but beats dying.
    Agree. I got my vaccines through the VA, so since they have my records, I will wait until I hear from my dr. I also agree that as time goes on, information may be confirmed and evolve.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The science seems to show that mixing vaccines promotes more robust immune responses. Stay tuned.
    I’m a little skeptical of that, I suspect Phizer is angling for a bigger share of the market, since their booster is approved and the others are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I wonder if there's some karma in this type of reaction to boosters, a payback as it were for American exceptionalism.
    I wonder what Karma will land, as payback as it were, for this type of nasty comment, and passive aggressive self-righteousness?
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 10-16-21 at 11:33pm. Reason: Spelling!

Yppej
    Our economy is already in bad shape. Imagine the few people willing to work having to take a bunch more sick days as they recover from boosters every few months.

Thread Information