Thread: Does this mean anything?

Does this mean anything?

…….
    Last edited by frugal-one; 10-17-21 at 9:08pm. Reason:

That is so sad! And scary! I would hope that GD would continue to do pictures for you so that you can see if this is a definite trend. If it is, it may be that you need to pull DS aside and have a very SERIOUS talk (absent of the abusive individual), including showing the pictures. My heart goes out to everyone in this situation. Sending prayers.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I think it means that she sees her dad as powerless and also doesn’t view herself well either. With her face scribbled out she may be trying to be invisible. Kids learn many maladaptive behaviors when living in a unhealthy environment. I would show your son. The situation is sad.

Thanks. That is how I see it too. Sadly, the narcissist is in control. Her goal is to isolate DS. At this point, we are holding on just to maintain contact. It is an untenable position.

My brother was married to a woman like this who was successful in breaking contact with our side of the family. They divorced after the kids were grown but by then my dad was dead. My mom barely knew her grandchildren from them. Luckily they had my 3. My brother did stay in my mom’s life. He told anyone he dated that they must get along with his family. Too little too late. I am so sorry you are experiencing this.

Thread Information