Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever know anyone who won Publishers Clearinghouse?

Ever know anyone who won Publishers Clearinghouse?

Now I do. An 84-year-old gentleman my DH works with p/t at the golf course. They play together too.
    They are coming to his home to present him the check today. DH is going over to be with him to make sure it's all on the up and up. The friend has been scammed before.

If it's the real thing it will be an interesting story. He will be getting half a million clear. This guy lives in a crappy trailer, hasn't paid his taxes in ten years, got swindled last year by his own grandson & lost his car in that process.

I'll report back. But curious if anyone has ever known a winner.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Cool! But it sounds as though, even if real, this man is subject to swindling him out of the cash.
    no do not know winners of Pub Clearing
    house money. It seems super scammy to me.

I hope it is not a scam, but I know they didn't used to "give notice" to the winners as they wanted the surprise effect for promotional purposes. But maybe that has changed.

I didn't know the person, but probably over 10 years now, someone two blocks down the street won! It was one of those surprise knocks on the door after the Superbowl and several people in the neighborhood apparently went down to watch and got free merchandise, etc. Apparently, the person did not act "surprised" enough, so they reshot the presentation using the person's friend. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Let me know what happens. Hoping it’s for real.

Yeah, it was a scam. He got another call this morning, this time from another city. He's just hanging up on them now. Poor guy---he had high hopes for a day.

Apparently they do NOT call ahead if you win but either send a certified letter or just show up at your door, just like they show on tv.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Wow, would be better to just buy lottery tickets it seems. You are not going to win much, but sometimes someone actually does.
    Trees don't grow on money

Went to a potluck and one gal was telling how she was at home and PCH showed up in a limo, flowers, etc. She was screaming and called hubby...neighbors were out etc. Turns out her boss (who was a prankster) set this all up. The way she told it .. it was hysterical. Imagine pulling that prank off! They all had a good laugh. It would be hard to beat that one.

That is such a shame about the scam. How heartless can people be??

I enjoy watching "My Lottery Dream Home" on HGTV but IRL I don't buy lottery tickets. I'm too superstitious about them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    About entering sweepstakes/contests, I've won a few things before myself. A DVD player in 2008 from Gateway Community College - long story there. I don't play the Arizona scratch offs as I personally don't believe in gambling. I do however log onto lucktastic.com and play their free/supported by advertising scratch offs. Haven't won anything there yet but I'm not too far off from a $25 giftcard to Lowe's - which is going straight to the yard. Rob

No, but I knew two lottery winners where we lived in Chicago.

Thread Information