Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with inflation?

The Babylon Bee says the Biden Administration will be providing grief counselors at every gas pump.

In my town, there is a sort of sticker war going on with I did this. stickers of Biden and Putin alternately covering each other up on the pumps. It must be a pain for the employees who need to scrape them off.

$4.59 the other day (didn't look this morning), not quite the highest I have ever seen. (2001, September 11, $5.00 a gallon locally)
    it's not particularly, adjusted for inflation, and I don't mean the high inflation we have now of which gas prices are a major part, I mean just ordinary inflation we had prior. Because I remember gas prices being $5 here like a decade or two ago in the last "high gas prices" time. So yea adjusted for inflation. It might be part of why instead of actually decreased driving there were supposedly a record number of people driving here over memorial day (well that and years of pandemic, people are probably more restless than usual).
    Trees don't grow on money

We chose to take my Prius rather than DH's 2004 Chevy Avalanche to New Jersey to babysit the kids this week. The reason for my car vs his was the price of gas--$4.99. The round trip cost us about $60 for 800 miles of travel--if we had taken the pick-up it would have been at least double that.

Woah is us with this inflation. I hated having to take my car because I want to keep my mileage low, and DH hated it because I wouldn't let him smoke in my car. Talk about first world problems! But we will survive.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    We chose to take my Prius rather than DH's 2004 Chevy Avalanche to New Jersey to babysit the kids this week. The reason for my car vs his was the price of gas--$4.99. The round trip cost us about $60 for 800 miles of travel--if we had taken the pick-up it would have been at least double that.

Woah is us with this inflation. I hated having to take my car because I want to keep my mileage low, and DH hated it because I wouldn't let him smoke in my car. Talk about first world problems! But we will survive.
    Your mileage may still be low, from choosing not to go out places, and explain to him, that the money you saved on gas, should be able to buy him about six packs of cigarettes. LOL

Running the business (still not an owner, so multiple issues still up in the air and started talking to his family/explaining my situation and how I will have to protect myself as none of us are thinking he is actually going to do, what he has said he is going to do), seeing how the inflation is affecting the business. Higher supply costs, labor costs (if you can find labor, which is a BIG problem), lower income (and comments like, shouldn't you be dropping your prices right now). Landlords playing games with the rent, trying to offset their costs/responsibilities. Wondering how long this will last and if it will make it.
    I talked to a friend the other day about a local well liked business, and they were designed for 20 employees, had 6, and closed due to the help being tired of 80 hours a week, each.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    My OT at work just got cut back. I am now cutting back to the level I was waiting tables - other than occasional trips to the Borderland, for family and to stock up at the cheap Border Goodwill. I just can't justify spending much extra these days.

Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Forgot to add - I saw gas today for $5.89 in Phoenix!!!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Paid $4.27 a gallon today at the cheapest place in the area. We can't suspend the gas tax but we can send $40 billion more to Ukraine.
    Its a shame you live so far from work that gas prices have made you a selfish unempathetic person and Russian troll.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It’s a shame you live so far from work that gas prices have made you a selfish unempathetic person and Russian troll.
    We should probably all take a break from calling others names. It's unbecoming.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Forgot to add - I saw gas today for $5.89 in Phoenix!!!

Rob
    I’ve been paying that in the Chicago area for a while. Up in WI diving this weekend and it’s about $1.25/gallon LESS than the People’s Republic of IL.

In a perfect world, employers would see the light and, where possible, institute permanent work from home protocols, saving the planet and workers' sanity simultaneously.

Thread Information