Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with inflation?

I am getting ready to find out about how expensive it is to eat out and not sure what to take. First date in twenty seven years.

Yppej
    Eating less, which works because I still have weight to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I am getting ready to find out about how expensive it is to eat out and not sure what to take. First date in twenty seven years.
    Good luck! I hope you have fun! My suggestion is - if no alcohol, at least $40, if alcohol at least $60. LOL Of course, it all depends on where you eat, what you have and who you are with.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I would desperately love a print subscription to The Economist, a weekly current affairs magazine out of the UK. It costs hundreds a year. I can get the digital edition free through my library. Reading it on my iPhone is somewhat challenging as I have to move around on pages to read everything. An iPad would solve that problem, but I don’t want to spend on an iPad now either. So I’ll continue to read it on my iPhone for free.
    I agree with the difficulty of using the phone. I have a refurbished Amazon Fire tablet. I’ve had it for two years and only use it to read NYT, washington post, plus books and magazines from the library. For the price it can’t be beat. They have a lot of Black Friday specials. It has saved me a ton of money. I never buy a magazine, newspaper, audio book or book. I do have to wait sometimes but who cares. And the NYT requires you to log in every three days but a few minutes saves so much money.

it took a while to get used to it because we loved reading print books, magazines and newspapers.

Just like with print books, I usually have lots and books on hold, but getting the NYT and Washington Post alone were worth it.

I would second the Amazon Fire recommendation.
    With Apple products, you seemingly pay a premium for their perceived cachet.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I would second the Amazon Fire recommendation.
    With Apple products, you seemingly pay a premium for their perceived cachet.
    I have an iPhone 13 and an older (2015) MacBook Air, as well as an Apple Watch. I like how they seamlessly work together. I hate Android. Had it in the past. Never again.

Shocked by the price of eggs… Costco organic eggs sold out before Thanksgiving… is there something else going on?

I'm paying $8.50 for pasture-raised eggs,18-count. Fifty cents an egg, so not a bad nutrition bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm paying $8.50 for pasture-raised eggs,18-count. Fifty cents an egg, so not a bad nutrition bargain.
    I pay $5.50 for a dozen organic grass-fed eggs from one provider, and then sometimes we buy them from a local with a chicken coop who charges $3.50 for 10, but they're definitely not weighed or sized. Or even consistent in color, but their yolks sure are good!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Shocked by the price of eggs… Costco organic eggs sold out before Thanksgiving… is there something else going on?
    I believe a lot of birds were culled this year due to bird flu.

Thread Information