Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A shitty shitty thing happened

A shitty shitty thing happened

The son in law of our close friends is lying in intensive care after being run over by a car, purposely by two thugs stealing a car.

He is a security guard for a hospital. He went to their parking garage to investigate a car theft in progress. They hit him with the car, he managed to get several shots out, they ran him over.

He has a broken back and a crushed skull. If he survives this he will not be remotely the same person. He is an upstanding guy, an ex. Marine who has taken over father responsibilities for a kid whose own father left when the kid was a baby. He has been a very stable presence during a period when his wife (actually, they are not married but “engaged”) went off the deep end with a mental illness. He has had the same job for years, moving ip in the organization. Like I said, a stable guy.

The only cheerful thing to come out of this fiasco is one thug is dead. The other thug, a woman, will supposedly be charged with murder due to a law that says accomplices in a crime that results in ANY murder are themselves charged with murder.

Both thugs have long rap sheets and the woman even has been charged with child endangerment in the past, so you just know how great of a mom she is.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/cr...f-3c54a51d2c31

That's atrocious :-(

That’s horrible. But thugs are gonna thug. Scum of the earth. Too bad he wasn’t able to kill both.

What a horror story! I hope he somehow exceeds expectations for some kind of recovery.

That's sad. It seems like common criminals are more brazen and deadly these days, but maybe some humans have always been that way.

That’s so sad.

That is terrible, so sad, and I can't imagine the family's pain.

What a tragedy.

I'm so sorry for your friends and their son-in-law. I pray that he is able to heal, as Jane said, beyond expectations.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm so sorry. Sending prayers and hopes that there is a better-than-expected recovery.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information