Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin accident on set

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And now we are reading about Bruce Willis in diminished mental capacity handling guns in his roles.

So smart of hollywood! Apparently some people on set were “concerned. “No kidding.
    Really? I heard about the aphasia diagnosis but didn't realize people had safety concerns about him.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Aphasia could be brand new material for Chris Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Aphasia could be brand new material for Chris Rock.
    I can’t think of one but there must be a joke that could somehow combine aphasia and allopiecia that he could use.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And now we are reading about Bruce Willis in diminished mental capacity handling guns in his roles.

So smart of hollywood! Apparently some people on set were “concerned. “No kidding.
    What set?
    Link to story?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Really? I heard about the aphasia diagnosis but didn't realize people had safety concerns about him.
    Also heard about the diagnosis, but no safety concerns. Did say temporary on going away from acting, which I fear means tumor, rather then retiring. Then another story said retiring.

Aphasia is a language issue. https://www.aphasia.org/aphasia-defi...hoC7yQQAvD_BwE

He was probably having difficulty with dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Aphasia is a language issue. https://www.aphasia.org/aphasia-defi...hoC7yQQAvD_BwE

He was probably having difficulty with dialogue.
    And it can be a symptom of Alzeheimers and other forms of dementia. I thought it was weird as a primary diagnosis, since it's used a lot as a symptom, but I looked it up and I guess it's its own condition.

So he could have had a stroke, or have something like Alzheimers that has damaged his brain. Poor guy. Seems so young for that. Made me really sad to hear.

Yeah, I suspect he has something else going on--either he's had minor strokes, or has beginning stages of Alzheimer's. Apparently he had to be fed his lines on set.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/31/bruce-...uggles-report/
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    What set?
    Link to story?

Also heard about the diagnosis, but no safety concerns. Did say temporary on going away from acting, which I fear means tumor, rather then retiring. Then another story said retiring.
    catherine linked a news story above.

I love Bruce Willis, both on the set and off the set. He is well known for having a friendship with with his ex of many years, Demi Moore, as well as his kids. He is of course one of the few Hollywood political conservatives who is “out.” DH and I both have always liked him, and the film Fifth Element is one of our joint favorites.

With Bruce’s well reviewed films, we find a joint movie we both like and that isnt easy.

i’ll never forget the time I was attending a library conference in Chicago and I had a free evening. In the Lincoln Park neighborhood where I was staying there was a small movie theater. It only was showing one of the Diehard movies. I rolled my eyes and thought oh well I guess I’ll go but I’m not gonna like this movie since it’s a chase ‘em shoot ‘em up movie. Well I was wrong. I was lucky to stumble on probably the best Diehard film made, the one with Jeremy Irons (another lucky discovery) and it was GREAT!

I know what aphasia is because I looked it up many years ago when I was going through menopause. I had brain fog and I put it down to either 1) aphasia/dementia 2) small strokes 3) menopause fog. It turned out to be, fortunately, menopause fog because I came out of it.

Grief and stress seem to be able to cause temporary aphasia as well.

IL, I like Bruce Willis also. He comes across as an incredibly human action star. But he can also do comedy--I loved him in Death Becomes Her (which, BTW, I originally saw in a movie theatre in your home town--fond memories. My son was 7 at the time and he didn't know the alternate meaning of the word "becomes" so he would put the accent on the third word: Death Becomes HER).

Thread Information