Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of some members

I have a document, and I've told my oldest son where it is. In it I have instructions with passwords for all my bank stuff and everything else they might need.

I also have included this forum's web address and asked that one of my kids log in as me and share the news. I've said this before, but I'll say it again: it is amazing to me that I could pass almost all of you on the street and not know who you are, and I don't even know your names, but you've been more valuable and longer-lasting friends than my friends IRL. There has to be a story in that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I have a document, and I've told my oldest son where it is. In it I have instructions with passwords for all my bank stuff and everything else they might need.

I also have included this forum's web address and asked that one of my kids log in as me and share the news. I've said this before, but I'll say it again: it is amazing to me that I could pass almost all of you on the street and not know who you are, and I don't even know your names, but you've been more valuable and longer-lasting friends than my friends IRL. There has to be a story in that.
    What’s that meme I shared recently about online friends? Something like:

We know your deepest desires and your greatest joys. But we’ve never seen your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What’s that meme I shared recently about online friends? Something like:

We know your deepest desires and your greatest joys. But we’ve never seen your legs.
    Perfect.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

A legacy document! Hmmm, that is a great idea. I thought that I was well prepared but have not done that.
    Tell what are the details that one would include in such a document please? How often would one update it to keep it current?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    A legacy document! Hmmm, that is a great idea. I thought that I was well prepared but have not done that.
    Tell what are the details that one would include in such a document please? How often would one update it to keep it current?

razz, We had a thread about keeping a legacy file sometime ago. I’ll poke around this website and see if I can find it.

OK razz, I couldn’t find the exact thread where we talked about “legacy document. “Someone else coined that phrase, I didn’t.

But I’m guessing you have all of it, it would be with your will and end of life documents that you keep handy for your daughters. The only thing that you may not have is a list of people to contact in the event of your death, and that’s what we’re talking about here.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-28-21 at 10:33am.

I remember shadowmoss had a previous user name and actually first met on another forum over a decade ago - I'm thinking right now. Can't find that other forum, but I learned so much from it and it actually led me to the previous incarnation of this forum.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I know some people don't like Dave Ramsey, but here is where I got the idea of a "legacy drawer"

https://www.ramseysolutions.com/reti...amily-prepared

Wasn't it called something like a "death document" or a "death folder" in that prior thread?

I think this is the prior conversation we were looking for: http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...-your-executor

Thread Information