Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of some members

And what happened to Ishbel? I thought about her the other day. And Spartana, and Mrs. Mizerly. There are a lot more, unfortunately that are "gone but not forgotten."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Spartana occasionally posts on the MMM forums.

Whenever I think of old memebers Billy Barebutt comes to mind first.

One of my friends moved to Vermont. He’s a nudist. So I like to think of him running around with that Billy Barebutt up there in Nudeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Whenever I think of old memebers Billy Barebutt comes to mind first.
    Is that the guy with the unshakable faith in land grant colleges?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    hmmm, maybe. I remember Billy Barebutt’s hobby horses as:

* the nudist lifestyle

* bras are bad. Bad I tell you!

* historic standards codified in local laws are completely unnecessary because Vermonters automatically do everything to their historic house in an historically appropriate way

*Christmas tree farms are the most ecologically sound way to produce Christmas trees. Do not buy fake Christmas trees.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-27-21 at 2:06pm.

yep that was him. Land grand colleges/county ag agents generally go hand in hand..... The land-grant university system operates the U.S. Cooperative Extension Service (CES) in partnership with federal, state, and local governments. I always wondered if BBB worked for a land grant institution.

I remember that BBB was also adamant about NOT drying clothing in the basement - we had multiple discussions about that. IL, I'd forgotten about the bra thing, lol.

It seems like before Spartana it was SheRa and a guy maybe named Gary who had an online crush on her, but was routinely spurned. I always found a little humor in that, but the details are vague and possibly not correct.

It's strange to think about people here passing away. When any of my friends in real life pass away I hear about it either directly or through Facebook because someone in their immediate family is likely on Facebook as well and will share the sad news. But most of us here don't have family also on here. If I pass away before SO will it occur to him to come here and let everyone know? Although I do tell him stories from here occasionally I doubt he would think to come let you all know. I suppose that it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It's strange to think about people here passing away. When any of my friends in real life pass away I hear about it either directly or through Facebook because someone in their immediate family is likely on Facebook as well and will share the sad news. But most of us here don't have family also on here. If I pass away before SO will it occur to him to come here and let everyone know? Although I do tell him stories from here occasionally I doubt he would think to come let you all know. I suppose that it doesn't really matter.
    Alan is named in my legacy document along with his email address. I expect him to come here with the sad (?) news of my demise. Thanks in advance, Alan!

I have people named in my legacy document for my life interests such as: one person for plant societies. One person for garden clubs. One person for my current neighborhood. One person for the bulldog world and they take possession of any dogs. My brother would, of course, handle notification to my family members.

When we move to Hermann I’ll have to designate someone my Herman neighbor for a role. We also need to designate someone to notify the condo Board.

My buddies on Reddit are not close enough online friends to plan for, and if I suddenly disappear from those subforums I’m not sure anyone would notice.

Thread Information