Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Halloween

Are folks giong dark this year, or is it Halloween as usual. I went back and forth and finally went to the store for candy. The little ones are always fun to see. The store was sold out of the favorites, so there must be some expectations of normal though I'm not expecting much. Normal crowd for here is a dozen or two, but I went dark last year and did not see any kids out and about.

Here I thought the little ghouls would be trick-or-treating tonight, so I made dinner early with a plan to keep all the lights off in the house. Then I learned that the trick-or-treat activity will happen tomorrow. So we will repeat staying in, turning off lights.

Live in an apartment so no kiddies at all.

Living in a condo sadly no kids. I used to love dressing up myself and the dogs to give out candy.

I live in an apartment building. There actually are some kids (teenagers too) in this apartment building, cross section of life kinda, but no trick or treating goes on here. I don't think anyone really trick or treats apartments.
    Trees don't grow on money

616d45bc796b8_FoundatHalloween.jpg

In the immortal words of my late friend/boss, "going to dress up as a pedo, and turn out all the lights", LOL.

We almost always buy candy and have our lights on, but we get few to no trick-or-treaters. This year, we're going to keep our lights off and go spend the evening with my mom and help her give out candy. She seems somewhat excited by the holiday, and she is someone who has always really enjoyed it, but she also seems a bit daunted at the prospect of managing it, let alone know which day is Halloween. So our mission is to help her have a pleasant evening, and incidentally pass out some candy if kids show up. If not, we will have to eat the candy ourselves, but I think we're up to the task.

We're on a dirt road that's a dead end, with no streetlights and 12 houses. Usually no trick or treaters, although I always buy candy (my favorite type) every year just in case. The only time we had trick or treaters was when we first moved here and the neighbors had small children, and that was just one year. I have a new neighbor this year who lives with her 3 and 5 year grandchildren, so I bought a couple of full sized bars just in case they come over. And a bag of candy just in case

We live on the main road of our little town and there are newer developments not far away, so we do tend to get a lot of trick-or-treaters. I went and bought candy yesterday so either dh or I will sit outside and hand some out - masked, of course.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I do not hand out candy due to DS's social anxiety about people coming onto the property.

Thread Information