Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November Purge

November Purge

Another recipe I made from my collection that did not make the cut.

Another sweater that I don't love.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

A leaf bag of clothes and another of plastic film/bags/packing pillows.

My son and I are going to go through a box of family slides once I get my slide viewer and loupe and we are going to winnow out the chaff from the wheat. He has promised to help me, and to help me digitize them. He wants me to throw out the original slides and negatives (some negatives go back to 1915) but that may be abridge too far.

Held the annual sorting of the plastic containers. The containers in good condition with a matching lid stay and the rest was tossed.

"Annual sorting of the plastic containers" sounds like almost as much fun as the "Semi-annual closet clean-out." We all know how to have a good time, don't we?

This is not so much a purge as a satisfactory re-homing. I had 4 kalanchoe plants and a sansevieria outdoors for the summer, but they are toxic to cats, so I don't want to bring them in and they aren't cold hardy. I posted them on our local Facebook giving page, and someone claimed them within moments. It made me happy to find them a new home.

A raggedy pillowcase.

My winter clothes are pretty minimal at this point but I could cull through more bed linens.

I am also working on wearing what I have vs buying more things. Can I make it through the winter without a pair of black boots? If I get creative with my color combinations maybe so.

I'm in the process of culling the wardrobe. I actually am wearing the iffy item and then deciding if it stays or goes. So far they all go!

(Who else can't throw worn underwear in the garbage without washing it, then folds and puts it back into the drawer and wears it again? The cycle frustrates me!)

Went through the manuals and paperwork drawer and got rid of almost two inches of space. Didn't need the space, as the paperwork is relatively up to date. Just didn't need the booklets and manuals saved forever, either.

Two BBQ tongs with rust. Dh saw them and tried to rescue out of the bin, but I intercepted him!

Three knives I've never used. Yes, they're part of a set, but again - never used, so out they went.

Two rags. Do they even count?

I have two trivet things in my purgatory area. I think they're out, but not absolutely certain. They've been hidden in a drawer for years and I've found workarounds for hot pots, but they do the job - and I probably would use them.

Thread Information