Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: November Purge

Two scuba tank vest dealies - help Tradd, the name for them is gone! Anyway, they're on the porch for our son to pick up. Son does diving and fishing charters for work, eh hasn't dived in more than five years.

Twelve pairs of trouser socks and various other dress shoes and spare socks gone.

Another pair of hubby's work boots. Hoarder still has five pair!

Various motor home spare parts and pieces - with still more to dig out - as we sold it to our kids and asked it they wanted these items and were told no.

Yppej
    A pair of pajama pants that wore out.

Ok, hubby reminded me they're called a BC - or buoyancy compensator. One of them is specialized and he said ds should be able to use them.

I’m starting to think about the flower show supplies in my basement and which ones I need to get rid of. I am formulating a methodology before I go down there and start moving and sorting. I’m giving myself an arbitrary number to reduce the storage space there by half.

I really like that method, IL--I have used it with books, tablecloths, and pants--start with how many you need, or reduce by half if you have a lot.

Yppej
    A table runner, some place mats, some plastic cutlery, all when I decided to paint the inside of a cupboard that got dingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A table runner, some place mats, some plastic cutlery, all when I decided to paint the inside of a cupboard that got dingy.
    Our ample supply of plastic cutlery and paper plates has been nearly used up by DH in the past 8 months in his bachelor pad in Hermann. Having no running water, and later only cold water, made disposable eating utensils necessary. So, that has been a win.

Today I plan to pull out all of my mom’s Champagne glasses and offer them up on our neighborhood FB freebie page.If no one takes them, I’m not sure what to do. I really don’t want to haul them, all of them, to a new place and I’m not sure I wanna burden the thrift stores with them. On the other hand this is holiday season and thrifters just might want some champagne glasses. They are from the 1950s. If only the thrift stores would Offer them a price where they go quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Our ample supply of plastic cutlery and paper plates has been nearly used up by DH in the past 8 months in his bachelor pad in Hermann. Having no running water, and later only cold water, made disposable eating utensils necessary. So, that has been a win.

Today I plan to pull out all of my mom’s Champagne glasses and offer them up on our neighborhood FB freebie page.If no one takes them, I’m not sure what to do. I really don’t want to haul them, all of them, to a new place and I’m not sure I wanna burden the thrift stores with them. On the other hand this is holiday season and thrifters just might want some champagne glasses. They are from the 1950s. If only the thrift stores would Offer them a price where they go quickly.
    Post a picture of them! Maybe they look like my parents' champagne glasses.

2 reels of ribbon for garage sales went to wrapping Christmas presents. Used some old stamps my dad had saved to send Christmas cards to Mom's caregivers.

Ridwell is soliciting art supplies for their Tuesday pickup. I will be doing a little culling.

Thread Information