Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: November Purge

Hope this counts, the last of the wood from the deck we torn down has finally been removed!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That's huge, happystuff!

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Hope this counts, the last of the wood from the deck we torn down has finally been removed!
    If it counts with you, then it counts!

Getting rid of the ugly deck in entirety is a cause for celebration.

I emptied five bottles of liquor I will never drink and put the bottles in recycling. I think these bottles are ones that DH saved from jettisoning last time around, but this time I beat him to the draw. He won’t drink them, he doesn’t drink alcohol except he does drink Buttershots in his eggnog this time of season.

Yay on the deck being gone!

The mobile and bassinet pieces for the pack-n-play I've had since GS #1 was born and he's 17. DIL used the PnP this summer for youngest while they camped at the beach. I've not gotten it back, so its probably toast ( the reason she took mine anyway).

A glass cutting board, more rags, dried markers and play dough. A duffel bag that molded under my bed - while other bags are fine.

Gone from my house, but not trash: tons of winter clothes for GD #6, whose sisters seemed to bypass that size / season. There's five heavy winter coats. WE ALL LIVE IN FLORIDA. Rarely need more than a hoodie.
    Also n sending them back all the baby items since youngest grand is two and a half. I've filled the rear of my SUV.

Thanks, everyone. I can't wait for all this work to be done. I'm excited, so patience it pretty much out the window. LOL.

Nice, imerullo!!! That's a lot of stuff gone!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Hi everybody,

I did a quick imperfect clean-out of our downstairs coat closet and found a fair amount to get rid of. I took 16 items to Goodwill, donated a blanket and a cushion to a vet's office near us who likes them to keep the animals comfortable, and gave away 4 items to a woman in my Buy Nothing Group.

Total for month so far: 22.

My ex just came by and picked up the 7 items of his I found in my closet clean-out.

New total for month: 29.

We got rid of so much stuff at our town's household hazardous waste disposal event this morning! It feels like a major accomplishment because I had a box of stuff to go in 2019, but Mom took a fall that day and we ended up spending the day in the ER with her. There is usually a disposal date annually, but there wasn't one in 2020 due to Covid, so I've been holding this stuff for over 2 years! Meanwhile, it occurred to me to check out Mom's cellar and she had loads of stuff, so we got rid of quite a bit for her. It's good to know it was disposed of properly, and of course the key is to minimize bringing more toxic material into our homes, which is certainly the plan.
    We also dropped off a bunch of worn/stained/ripped textiles to the fabric recycling bin.

Congratulations, rosarugosa! How great that you were finally able to get rid of so much.

I gave 4 more items to someone in my Buy Nothing Group. New total: 33.

Thread Information