Thread: Bullet Journaling

Bullet Journaling

Okay, so one of my siblings had discovered, uses and swears by this system.

https://bulletjournal.com/?

I had to read and re-read the website several times, as well as watch some youtube video explanations, but eventually realized it's not as confusing as it first appeared to me. I set up my notebook in October and am slowly transitioning things into it. I am finding that I make less and less "notes" all over the place and can actually find what I'm looking for easily with the indexing system. I think how I manage the year-end transition will be very telling as to whether this will actually work for me or not, but - so far, so good!

Oh, and my desk is cleaner! I don't have notebooks for separate stuff all over the place!

Anyone else heard of this or actually doing this?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I'm a diehard bullet journal-er, and I've been evolving my personal system with it and I LOVE it.

It's the first thing I do every day. I print by hand the date, and the hours, and headings for "reminders" "money spent" and then a check box grid for all habits I've been trying to develop--such as, meditation, exercise, reading, etc..

I do this slowly and mindfully, and it just puts me in a good place to start the day. I also use it for all those random notes you're talking about. And sometimes I'm inspired to illustrate certain feelings and events with little drawings. I make it as fun as I can.

I don't use their system to the letter--I use some symbols but not all of the ones they suggest. I've modified it all to suit me.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Is there a digital bullet journal?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I bet there are lots.
    https://bulletjournal.app

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    To be honest, I've tried so many digital time management tools and the big bugaboo is you have to get on the computer to see the to-do list. It's like all things digital--photos for example--out of sight, out of mind. This old school paper-and-pencil method really works for me, but YMMV.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Nice, catherine! I've already started including some of my own themes/lists/etc. as well. As I mentioned, I do like that everything is slowing getting organized in one place. My notebook was actually purchased from Walmart and is an 8 x 5 with 240 pages so that it would fit in my backpack nicely.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information