Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November Frugals!

November Frugals!

I finally have a frugal to share. I bought a little $3.00 plug-in LED nightlight for the kitchen because Raymond is dark and the floor is dark, and I'm afraid we're going to trip over him or step on him in the night. DH didn't like it because he thought it was way too bright. I made a shade out of a plastic Pepsi cup, which was very effective but looked like total crap. I was looking online at nightlights, and I kind of liked one that was a simple scallop shell over a little basic nightlight, priced at about $22 with shipping. I gave it some thought and realized I had a hot glue gun that I've never used and I have some seashells. Well voila, I was able to make a perfectly acceptable seashell nightlight with stuff I had on hand for minimal effort, and it looks a lot better than my Pepsi cup fix, although that was a pretty low bar to surpass, lol.

Great solution to your problem.

It never occurred to me to take a before picture, but I still have the "shade" and you can use your imagination. It's funny how I can be so utterly obsessive about things being a certain perfect way, and other times, well a picture is worth a thousand words. I think I'm tolerant of things that I consider temporary, but temporary can apparently be anything short of forever and ever and ever.

pepsi cup.jpg
    seashell.jpg

I kind of like the Pepsi cup nightlight--very MOMA. Just kidding, the shell looks really good.

Yppej
    Great job Rosa!

I finished my Christmas shopping already so am hoping to stay on budget despite paying over half my monthly goal for my auto insurance for the year.

Am debating should I continue keeping DS on my AAA which I will get the bill for next month. He has a 14 year old car so has used it in the past, but I don't know where he rejects things from me now would he just leave the card on the table unused.

Was going to use plastic wrap over a small leftover bowl of rice from dinner, as I will eat it for breakfast. Instead, used a nice dishcloth and a rubber band.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Great job Rosa!

I finished my Christmas shopping already so am hoping to stay on budget despite paying over half my monthly goal for my auto insurance for the year.

Am debating should I continue keeping DS on my AAA which I will get the bill for next month. He has a 14 year old car so has used it in the past, but I don't know where he rejects things from me now would he just leave the card on the table unused.
    I'd say just keep him on it, as it helps to keep him safe.

Nice job, rosa!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'd say just keep him on it, as it helps to keep him safe.
    And I was going to say the hell with him, but I've never been a mom, so you should probably listen to Tybee.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    And I was going to say the hell with him, but I've never been a mom, so you should probably listen to Tybee.
    I agree with Rosa. If I was going to make an ongoing payment for a AAA coverage and I thought there was a chance that the recipient wouldn’t even use it if he needed it Dash nope not paying for that.

You people do understand that you can call a tow truck directly, right? We have never had AAA coverage but we’ve had to call tow trucks a couple times while living in St. Louis. You just call them give them your credit card so they know you have money and then they come to tow your car.

You may be talking about other services that AAA provides, but I don’t know what those are.

Thread Information