Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: November Frugals!

I will say that our insurance company threw us a couple of bones in recent years. Once when we hit a Magic age of 0LDE, was it age 55? 60? Our car rates went down. And then when they discovered that our Herman house had asbestos siding rather than vinyl siding, they gave us a price reduction Presumably because it doesn’t dent in hail or it’s just sturdier. We’ve replaced it with Hardieboard which I’m guessing is still low cost because it’s not vinyl.

Yppej
    Despite paying my auto insurance in full for the year I expect to come out under budget. I am paying the water bill due December 15th next month rather than this month, but other than that I have not made adjustments. I have little desire to shop. My energy is focused on civil liberties now and not material things.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I will say that our insurance company threw us a couple of bones in recent years. Once when we hit a Magic age of 0LDE, was it age 55? 60? Our car rates went down. And then when they discovered that our Herman house had asbestos siding rather than vinyl siding, they gave us a price reduction Presumably because it doesn’t dent in hail or it’s just sturdier. We’ve replaced it with Hardieboard which I’m guessing is still low cost because it’s not vinyl.
    The asbestos siding was probably lower because it is so fire resistant. Would they know you had switched it to Hardieboard?

Thread Information