Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Guardians and medication

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s a mess IL. The couple should have done paperwork for this type of situation since they weren’t married.
    Well for their major asset her parents insisted they have legal paperwork because the parents provided the down payment.

This afternoon it occurred to me that maybe in the long run it will be better that these two are not married for reasons I won’t go into and are speculative anyway.

The big issue I see is who is going to pay for his care and if he ends up on Medicaid they will want his part of the house. Money aside what a shame this happened to this young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The big issue I see is who is going to pay for his care and if he ends up on Medicaid they will want his part of the house. Money aside what a shame this happened to this young man.
    That is a very good point. Here I figured his parents would be trying to grab any equity belonging to him in his house, but you are right that Medicaid will most likely come into play here.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    My Dad was 92 and they wanted to do extensive open heart surgery. He refused. Then they found bladder cancer which is slow growing. In an attempt to remove or reduce it, the treatment killed him. Again sometimes modern medicine may not be the best option. Sigh.
    My Dad was diagnosed with esophageal cancer at 90. Had a mesh put in to help with swallowing, which he regretted doing. He debated between palliative care and treatment, decided to go with treatment. He died 3 weeks into the treatment regimen. He probably would have lived longer just having the palliative care, the treatment took so much out of him. So no, it is not always the best option.

@IL, sorry to hear about your friends' situation, what a mess.

Thread Information