Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting possibility....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Interesting possibility....

The grocery chain I work for operates a Hispanic focused chain along with it's main operation. There is a grocery store in Nogales, Arizona a few blocks north of the border that is part of the Hispanic chain.

Point? At some future date I may be able to transfer there. This idea really works for me. Nogales is much less expensive than Phoenix, and I'd be right there for medical and dental in Mexico. I love the climate there at 3,900 feet - there are four clear cut seasons and a little snow most years. I can see myself living there - and SO also has family on the Mexican side.

Right now I'm going nowhere - but this idea could actually happen. What do you'all think? Rob

What's stopping you from doing this now? Its not a far drive in case you need to come back to take care of things in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    What's stopping you from doing this now? Its not a far drive in case you need to come back to take care of things in Phoenix.
    No open positions plus.the fact that my Mother is getting on in years and has balance problems. My living in Phoenix win't help her balance issues - but she has sacrificed for me in the past and I'm just the kind of person who wants to be there just in case. Rob

Sounds good. It's nice to have future possibilities to think about. And kudos for being there for your mom!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I haven't a clue why but my brother who used to live in Bisbee as a border patrol agent used to call Nogales "the armpit."

I say if you want to go to Nogales, do so sooner rather than later, and then move your mom to be with you in Nogales!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I haven't a clue why but my brother who used to live in Bisbee as a border patrol agent used to call Nogales "the armpit."
    My guess is that the Tucson Sector as it's called is one of the busier human trafficking and drug smugling routes. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I thought that was El Paso.

A lovely and fun area!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I thought that was El Paso.
    The most "active" sectors change from time to time as US CBP is spread thin and can only intercept so many drugs/so many would be migrants. Some years it has been the San Diego area, some years El Paso and some years the Tucson sector, of which the area outside of Nogales is constantly hopping.....

Intetesting fact though.....I'm about to pull a 180 on you'all. Nogales AZ shares something with El Paso. Both cities are crawling with law enforcement of all stripes and in this case this may actually be a GOOD thing..

That was not a typo and I'm not hitting a crack pipe. You never hear of police brutality in Nogales, AZ.....except from US CBP. And I do know a few people on the Arizona side of Ambos Nogales. It truly does seem that other than for US CBP, law enforcement seems to behave themselves by adhering to the law - unlike in Phoenix where our PD is actively being investigated by the DOJ. Rob

Thread Information