Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - Nov. 11, 2021 - Feb. 22, 2022

Thanks for the support, mschrisgo2, and Chicken Lady, it's so great to hear of your progress. Amazing you have nice new bedspreads and that the beds are no longer storage platforms!

I got myself organized to today to return some items to stores and to drop off some items at Goodwill. It all took about 30 minutes.

New total: 7.5.

Wow CL that 7 years went fast. Sounds like your addition was a good thing for you guys.

Yesterday I did 2 more hours - mostly just getting rid of Christmas-related clutter - taking down decorations and storing them for next year, breaking down boxes, taking a lot of clutter out to the recycling bin, etc.

I've also over the last few weeks been spending time on getting estimates on and scheduling various home projects which I have put off for years: getting our cracked outdoor cement patio redone (completed!), getting pull-out drawers installed in our narrow deep pantry, getting blinds installed in the bathrooms (I'm embarassed to say for the last ten years, we've been using fabric to cover the windows!). I think finally getting to these projects is a direct result of my decluttering because now that there's isn't clutter everywhere, I can finally "see" what the next priorities are and am somehow a little bit more confident about making decisions about them. And every baby step makes me feel better in our home.

New total: 9.5.

Making improvements in my home always makes me feel better. You are doing a great job.

EJ: That is wonderful that you are able to enjoy your home more and more with each accomplishment!

Sort of a declutter, sort of not. One of the kids had loaded up t-shirts for donation about a year ago. I held on to them in the hopes of making a t-shirt quilt. Well, I'm not making it, but did finally get them prepped and sent off to a place that will. Not exactly frugal, but did declutter and will be 1 gift ahead for Christmas this year. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That's great, happystuff.

I often find a significant part of my decluttering is getting rid of projects I've lost interest in and forgiving myself for that. Keeping things around out of sense of guilt or obligation can be a real obstacle.

Oh yes, “project” stuff!

i am moving a lot of that out from my basement right now.

Project stuff doesn't bother me so much. But, as discussed in a thread a long while back, I succumb to the "I may need that someday". I'm still working on that. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I did 2 more hours today. The second hour was weeding out all the catalogues that have inundated my mailbox in the last two months and calling a bunch of the companies who sent them to get me taken off their mailing lists. I'm realizing I should be making these calls as soon as an unwanted catalogue appears, so it doesn't get this bad again!

We now have pretty shades up in both our bathrooms. They are "light-filtering" and can be pulled up from the bottom or down from the top, which I love. It's a big milestone!

New total: 11.5.

Thread Information