Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - Nov. 11, 2021 - Feb. 22, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It’s amazing how men will just walk around or move stuff instead of taking it with them.
    OMG! I thought this was only in my house! ROFLOL. I also live with someone who will do things - but not "all the way". Example: Will do the dishes, but somehow miss the dirty pots on the stove or at the far end of the counter! Will vacuum up the cat hair, but will NOT empty out the full vacuum canister! (okay - that is my complaining for now. I know... I should be happy that *most* of the dishes are being done and/or that the family room IS being vacuum. Cup half full or cup half empty. )
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

When I lived in a house with steps I would put stuff there to go upstairs. It’s amazing how men will just walk around or move stuff instead of taking it with them. Now in my condo it’s never to far to put away immediately.
    Although in DH's defense, he has been known to carry something down the stairs in an effort to be helpful, and it was something I had just brought upstairs.

That’s funny Rosa!

When I lived in a house with steps I would put stuff there to go upstairs. It’s amazing how men will just walk around or move stuff instead of taking it with them.
    Eleven-year-olds do this as well!

I did 2 more hours on Sunday. If the sofa bed for the guestroom arrived today, we could set it up in there, but there's still more to do.

New total: 29.

My daughter and I did an hour in her room today. My big goal was to keep it light and fun and not be a perfectionist. I succeeded!

New total: 30.

Ejchase, congrats! You’ve stuck to your goal for a long time, and now you get the rewards!

Thanks, mschrisgo2!

Today, I got up and did 2 hours of decluttering before our housekeeper arrived to do the monthly cleaning.

I also made appointments to have the windows washed and to have the downstairs rugs, sofa, and armchair steam cleaned and left a message for someone who I hope I can hire to make cushions for two benches in the house.

My handyman says all of us should have houseguests every six months. It certainly helps me to know that my family is arriving in less than two weeks. It really focuses me.

New total: 32.

My daughter and I did another hour today - going through two of her drawers in her bureau and weeding out things that are now too small for her, going through some games and puzzles, and cleaning up the backyard a bit.

New total: 33.

I spent 2 more hours yesterday going through all our linens. We have wa-a-y too many sheets!

I found 20 stained/torn or otherwise worn items to give to our local vet (they like old towels and sheets for dog baths and bedding).

Made another box for Goodwill and another for my stepdaughter who just got her own place with friends.

New total: 35.

Thread Information