Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Rittenhouse Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    To say they shouldn't be there is ridiculous. People have a right to protest. But going around a protest as a civilian openly brandishing a gun, who does that. Of course it's intimidating, but the kid wasn't the brightest bulb. But it's like I showed up at a protest with a backpack that looked like it had a bomb.
    There was a curfew in force, which in light of the massive property damage the locals suffered seems to have been well justified. Nobody was supposed to be there. It was a time for idiots to do idiotic things.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    There was a curfew in force, which in light of the massive property damage the locals suffered seems to have been well justified. Nobody was supposed to be there. It was a time for idiots to do idiotic things.
    And the idiot child with the gun did the most idiotic thing of all. Two people will never go home again because of it. He’s the poster child for why we need to have harsh penalties for straw man gun sales. If we did maybe the idiot that provided him the gun would have thought twice. Of course it’s also possible that if we did he would now be a whiny bitch begging for defense money in a go fund me.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    To say they shouldn't be there is ridiculous. People have a right to protest. But going around a protest as a civilian openly brandishing a gun, who does that. Of course it's intimidating, but the kid wasn't the brightest bulb. But it's like I showed up at a protest with a backpack that looked like it had a bomb. It would be like okay, this just escalated from protest to potential terrorism incident.
    you don’t get it. Cops asked people to stay away. ALL people, black, white, vigilante, and innocent flowers spreading truth and justice.ALL.

peaceful protesting on public land is fine. This wasn’t that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

peaceful protesting on public land is fine. This wasn’t that.
    Unless the president wants to cross the street to do a sacrilegious photo op with an upside down bible. Then the military gets called out to tear gas you out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Unless the president wants to cross the street to do a sacrilegious photo op with an upside down bible. Then the military gets called out to tear gas you out of the way.
    What is a sacrilegious photo op?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

And the idiot child with the gun did the most idiotic thing of all. Two people will never go home again because of it. He’s the poster child for why we need to have harsh penalties for straw man gun sales. If we did maybe the idiot that provided him the gun would have thought twice. Of course it’s also possible that if we did he would now be a whiny bitch begging for defense money in a go fund me.
    Whether chasing and attacking an idiot child with a gun is a superior brand of idiocy is, I suppose, a fairly subjective determination. The jury in this case seems to have been fairly clear as to who was attacking who.

In my view, if someone chooses to jump off a cliff, you don’t blame the cliff.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The bible was upside down? Seriously? This little tidbit I was unaware of. Ay carumba, a large number of people still voted for DJT regardless. What this says about US society is depressing to contemplate. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    One where a non-religious, thrice married, grab 'em by the p**** kind of guy holds up a bible in front of a church and pretends to be religious. Of course maybe the bible being upside down has similar meaning to when the flag is upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Whether chasing and attacking an idiot child with a gun is a superior brand of idiocy is, I suppose, a fairly subjective determination. The jury in this case seems to have been fairly clear as to who was attacking who.

In my view, if someone chooses to jump off a cliff, you don’t blame the cliff.
    At the end of the day if the idiot child hadn't been there no one would've gone to the morgue that night.

The jury appears to have made the correct decision from a legal perspective. But as yossarian pointed out, maybe our laws are flawed.

At the end of the day if the idiot child hadn't been there no one would've gone to the morgue that night.

The jury appears to have made the correct decision from a legal perspective. But as yossarian pointed out, maybe our laws are flawed.
    And it is equally true that if his attackers hadn’t been there, or hadn’t pursued and attacked him, then no one would have gone to the morgue that night.

I don’t see it as a flaw in our laws that being in the wrong place at the wrong time isn’t a capital crime.

Thread Information