Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Rittenhouse Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    And appearently carries a risk of life in prison for a flawed approach.
    Yah, the Arbery case decided today is a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So they were the good kind of vigilante and he was the bad kind? It’s just a matter of how you perceive a “threat”? In your view, anyone carrying a specific type of rifle must be “looking for trouble”, and therefore a legitimate target?
    Rittenhouse was looking for trouble. 17 yo kid coming across state lines who has another get the gun for him…. an assault weapon that expels multiple rounds not just any gun mind you but one that expends multiple rounds. The plane that flew over PA had people taking matters into their own hands because there was no recourse….ie enough or any (?) police presence. No they were not vigilantes. See definition previously cited.

Your “looking for trouble” argument reminds me of the old “If she dressed like that, she was looking for it” trope.

As my youngest son said he may not be guilty according to the law but I don’t want that nut job kid living anywhere near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    As my youngest son said he may not be guilty according to the law but I don’t want that nut job kid living anywhere near me.
    You live in NV. I’m sure there are quite a few people around you that have guns and have carry permits. Does that freak you out too?

Your “looking for trouble” argument reminds me of the old “If she dressed like that, she was looking for it” trope.
    Living in the urban core as I do, we have many teenagers carrying guns none of them legally carried. I guess they are vigilantes of a different sort.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Exactly!!! Rob

Maybe if the woman you are maligning showed up dressed like that and brought a big gun to deal with anyone that figured they were a slut who deserved to be treated badly.

Has anyone seen this video, made right after the verdict, by the CNN correspondent who had been covering the trial?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...use_trial.html

I read it may have been made because of calls by Alan Dershowitz and others that CNN and other MSM outlets be sued by KR for defamation.

It does seem a bit late for CNN to be sharing this with us. Those of us who didn't watch the trial day by day relied on the summaries we heard and read.

All of this was news to me as well:
    https://nypost.com/2021/11/17/10-deb...nhouse-devine/

Frankly, I don't know what to believe and would welcome your opinions.

Yes, I was aware of Rittenhouse having relatives in Kenosha, etc. I read other sources besides the MSM.

Thread Information