Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rittenhouse Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I watched part of the trial with his supposed crying which was a act.
    You didn't notice the sobbing and gulping for air? It seemed very genuine to me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Since I haven’t been sitting in that jury box and hearing the testimony and sorting through the evidence, I don’t have an informed opinion on whether his actions once trouble began were reasonable, though various factions in our society seem to already decided.

However, his actions before that point strike me as moronic. I strive in my life to maintain distance from disorder, and the thought of deciding to boldly travel to an area of civil unrest, unsupported, to openly carry a rifle around is unreasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I am aware of this trial but have not had time to keep up with it. It's a bit aggravating as there are people in the neighbood who judge and look down on me for not being involved in the neighborhood but right now I've got a decent job with lots of OT for me - I'm dealing with.my.Mom's increasing frailness(is that a word) plus trying to be a cheerleader for SO to get out of waiting tables.

It seems that the price tag of better money is no time....but realistically I will be 55 this coming Monday. Where will I find another such opportunity to become more financially stable at my age? Rob
    Happy Birthday! You share the day with one of my kids! I hope you have a fabulous birthday!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    No matter what the verdict I hope there isn’t violence.
    My sentiments exactly!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    This has nothing to do with the OP/topic, but I just want to let you know that I understand your feelings about work/money. Don't feel conflicted or guilty. You have to do what you have to do, and you are a blessing for your mother and SO. We all share love in different ways. I have a musician son who is trying to follow his passion, and one time he asked me about why I chose to do market research. "For the money." I said. He was taken aback and said, "No, really, why did you do it? You must have had some passion for it..." I said, "No, I did it for the money." But the money sent my kids to college and enabled me some freedom. I've always been an idealist and money has always been a back-burner thing for me, but for some reason, God/The Universe put me in an unexpected and unplanned for chance to fill my and other people's material needs. So don't feel guilty about not having time to keep up with the state of the world. You're taking care of YOUR world. I have a feeling you won't abuse the privilege.
    Very wise words, catherine. I totally agree.

I don't know much about this event or trial but how is it OK for a 17 yo to be using/owning a weapon like that in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I don't know much about this event or trial but how is it OK for a 17 yo to be using/owning a weapon like that in the first place?
    It's a semi auto. Same as my 9mm carry pistol. One round per one trigger pull.

I have plenty of friends whose kids shoot. And hunt. Some states allow ARs to be used for hunting. They're a very fun rifle. I had one for a while until I started diving.

It's not an automatic, regardless of what the media puts out. They are extremely common rifles.

No matter the type it just seems risky to allow a teenager to walk around in public with a gun. On the ranch or hunting is different.

I'm with you on that one!

So if he is acquitted will he immediately be released? If that happens what are the over/under odds that he’ll be arrested a second time within 24 hours of being released?

Thread Information