Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 288

Thread: Rittenhouse Verdict

  1. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,139
    But they do confuse volunteering to help preserve order and mitigate damages with vigilantism. Strange that...
    yea imagining you are your own police force is vigilantism.
    Trees don't grow on money

  2. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Roger you are right that two people would still be alive if that kid had stayed home.
    They would also still be alive if they had stayed home.

  3. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,145
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    yea imagining you are your own police force is vigilantism.
    Weren’t the people attacking Rittenhouse also acting as vigilantes?

  4. #194
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    They would also still be alive if they had stayed home.
    That's also true.

  5. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    That's also true.
    In a gathering of idiots, idiotic things are likely to happen.

  6. #196
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    In a gathering of idiots, idiotic things are likely to happen.
    I think the term idiot better describes both over the word vigilante.

  7. #197
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,630
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Weren’t the people attacking Rittenhouse also acting as vigilantes?
    Maybe they felt threatened by a stupid white kid running around with a large gun at a protest about black civil rights? I certainly would. But I'm not brave enough to try and be a hero. I'd be running as fast as I could in the opposite direction so that I didn't end up like his damn victims.

  8. #198
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    10,084
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe they felt threatened by a stupid white kid running around with a large gun at a protest about black civil rights? I certainly would. But I'm not brave enough to try and be a hero.
    I suspect you wouldn't be out at 11pm after the curfew when the streets are on fire too.

    When I unexpectedly stepped out of a building in a major city a couple of years back and found the streets quite disorderly, cars on fire, and that sort of thing, well, I changed my plans immediately and got my family and I the heck out of the way.


  9. #199
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It can be heard here. As a straight conservative caucasian male I believe justice was served because the charges against him were for successfully using lethal force against persons attempting to use potentially lethal force against him. In order to believe justice was not served you would either have to misunderstand the charges or believe that he did not enjoy a right to defend himself.

    Do you believe that he should not be afforded that right or do you believe that he should have been charged with something else in hopes he would be convicted of something else?
    My point still remains. Were Rittenhouse African American instead, he'd likely be looking at many years in prison. This is why so many are angered by this verdict.

    Rob

  10. #200
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,077
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I suspect you wouldn't be out at 11pm after the curfew when the streets are on fire too.

    When I unexpectedly stepped out of a building in a major city a couple of years back and found the streets quite disorderly, cars on fire, and that sort of thing, well, I changed my plans immediately and got my family and I the heck out of the way.

    Was this after a hockey game in Vancouver? Rob

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •