Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Rittenhouse Verdict

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Lord, where *are* their priorities these days?
    Certainly not in supporting a solid effort to provide people with not just housing but support services for things like addiction and mental health. The homeless have a right to freeze to death if they want.

On the other hand heaven forbid someone wants to risk death from covid by refusing a vaccine.

The right to die depends on who you are ... or just maybe behind the supposed desire to protect the rights of the homeless is a sinister desire to see them go away permanently in the grave, whereas many anti-vaxxers work for a living and must be forcibly saved since we have a labor shortage. Except they aren't all following the script. Some are quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I asked the ACLU to help me fight a mask mandate that is illegal because my area is not in a state of emergency but they turned me down. They are too busy fighting against efforts to move homeless people out of tents and into housing before winter.
    I'm curious what the details are on this since as we've seen in Kenosha, details matter intensely. I could certainly see the ACLU fighting it if the choice given the homeless person is "move into this housing but stop using drugs and adhere to our rules to get treatment,etc" or "if you don't do #1 we're going to destroy your tent and other stuff and leave you out on the street as winter is approaching."

To get back on topic, I think it's refreshing to see justice triumph over months and months of deliberately false narratives from the media and social justice warriors. By the same token, it's depressing to see the impact those intentionally false narratives could have had. One take-a-way is that most journalism is opinion and most opinions are wrong.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    To get back on topic, I think it's refreshing to see justice triumph over months and months of deliberately false narratives from the media and social justice warriors. By the same token, it's depressing to see the impact those intentionally false narratives could have had. One take-a-way is that most journalism is opinion and most opinions are wrong.
    I understand the President has said the verdict left him “angry and concerned”.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I understand the President has said the verdict left him “angry and concerned”.
    Has he started with the “if I had a son” hooey like Obama did?

Some idiot is trying to get the US DOJ to get involved for something about civil rights? Did someone not get the message that all involved were white and the guy who lived was carrying a pistol illegally? His carry permit was revoked after he had a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Has he started with the “if I had a son” hooey like Obama did?

Some idiot is trying to get the US DOJ to get involved for something about civil rights? Did someone not get the message that all involved were white and the guy who lived was carrying a pistol illegally? His carry permit was revoked after he had a DUI.
    And how exactly did the child who actually, you know, killed people get his weapon?

There must be something wrong with me. I’m not invested in the Rittenhouse trial and its outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And how exactly did the child who actually, you know, killed people get his weapon?
    I believe it was a straw man purchase by a friend, which is a felony. For which the friend was charged.

My daughter has had similar rifles since she was a pre-teen. Not a felony. Then again, we followed the rules. As a result, she is a quite capable competitive shooter. I suspect she wouldn't decide to go walking around a riot in Seattle at 11pm carrying one of them "to help people". Then again, she's not a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There must be something wrong with me. I’m not invested in the Rittenhouse trial and its outcome.
    I suppose the two dead people as a result of this little kid putting himself in a situation for which he wasn’t mature enough to handle are pretty inconsequential.

Thread Information