Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Rittenhouse Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I suppose the two dead people as a result of this little kid putting himself in a situation for which he wasn’t mature enough to handle are pretty inconsequential.
    Wasn't there a curfew that evening? And weren't all the folks involved, well, in violation of it and having a grand old time acting out?

Why someone would even be there on purpose at that time in those circumstances escapes my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Wasn't there a curfew that evening? And weren't all the folks involved, well, in violation of it and having a grand old time acting out?

Why someone would even be there on purpose at that time in those circumstances escapes my comprehension.
    There was. But I guess my question then becomes why should all the non-killers (aka every single ****ing person out there that night besides killer rittenhouse) have to be told to stay home because the government can’t protect them from immature children who fancy themselves as protectors of liberty or whatever stoopid ****ing idea that asshole had in his head. If this is what the second amendment translates into then it is a failed idea in its current state.

There was. But I guess my question then becomes why should all the non-killers (aka every single ****ing person out there that night besides killer rittenhouse) have to be told to stay home because the government can’t protect them from immature children who fancy themselves as protectors of liberty or whatever stoopid ****ing idea that asshole had in his head. If this is what the second amendment translates into then it is a failed idea in its current state.
    Was that the purpose of the curfew that evening?

Was that the purpose of the curfew that evening?
    Probably not. I assume it was probably to justify denying people’s first amendment rights. Imagine if those were as sacrosanct as second amendment ones. Perhaps someone needs to found an NSA (National speech association) that relentlessly pursued people’s first amendment rights the way the NRA pursues their favorite little chunk of the second amendment and accused anyone who denied any bit of first amendment awesomeness as traitorous hating of American freedom.

The BBC indeed verifies that the initial Kenosha Free Speech event was a legitimate constitutionally-protected activity...

What has the Supreme Court said about curfews?

The BBC indeed verifies that the initial Kenosha Free Speech event was a legitimate constitutionally-protected activity...

What has the Supreme Court said about curfews?
    Does the SC’s decisions about curfews match up with the decisions about the second amendment limitations?

Does the SC’s decisions about curfews match up with the decisions about the second amendment limitations?
    Well, you'd have to ask a more specific question than that. Though there are only a handful of SC decisions on the 2nd Amendment, probably wouldn't take you long to read them.

You’re the one trying to tell me that the supremes have made reasonable first amendment decisions. If you don’t want to convince me that those were good decisions and weren’t more restrictive than what they have decided for the second amendment that’s fine. But you’re the one that presented that premise. If you don’t know the answer to my question it kind of tells me the answer to my question.

I respect the jury verdict since they were in the courtroom every day and I wasn’t. It probably would have been smarter for the prosecution to charge him initially with a lower offense such as manslaughter since the videos showed he wasn’t the aggressor. As my youngest son said after the verdict that he agreed with was that he wouldn’t want to live in the same neighborhood as that kid. Plenty of blame to go around of course as has already been pointed out on this thread. Many lives ruined unnecessarily.

You’re the one trying to tell me that the supremes have made reasonable first amendment decisions. If you don’t want to convince me that those were good decisions and weren’t more restrictive than what they have decided for the second amendment that’s fine. But you’re the one that presented that premise. If you don’t know the answer to my question it kind of tells me the answer to my question.
    And now you are putting words in my mouth, setting up a straw man, and setting it on fire.

Nyet

Thread Information