Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bye-bye deck, hello patio!

How big is your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    How big is your house?
    You will laugh, but I don't know the square footage. Big living room and dining room (not used as a dining room), three bedrooms, two full baths, decent size kitchen, family room, full attic and basement under main house. When we bought it, that little porch to the side was to a one bedroom apartment, but we have since broken through.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I won’t laugh because I don’t know the sq ft of my Kenosha house either. That has a 2 room apartment we made and the attic is remodeled for living space. I looked on Zillow years ago and it didn’t say.

So I went on Zillow and it said that the house is 1782 sq ft. So what we lived in minus the very small 2 room apartment which I am guessing was 300 sq ft. The house was on 3 levels plus a basement for storage and laundry. We felt like it was huge after living in apartments. You can still probably find yours on Zillow.

Zillow says our house is 770 SF, so that never got updated with the 170 SF addition we put on in the early nineties. But there is no denying that our house is small.

According to Zillow the house is 2016 sf. I had a feeling it was close to, if not over 2000.

Edited to add: Too big for me at this point in my life.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

When one thinks about it, it is amazing how much information today's technology has made available. Your checking with Zillow struck me as one of those moments. Nowadays we just take it for granted.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    When one thinks about it, it is amazing how much information today's technology has made available. Your checking with Zillow struck me as one of those moments. Nowadays we just take it for granted.
    True. Sometimes, however, I actually find it somewhat frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    According to Zillow the house is 2016 sf. I had a feeling it was close to, if not over 2000.

Edited to add: Too big for me at this point in my life.
    I assume Zillow takes their measurements from your county assessor’s records. The Zillow measurement also was not true for our house because we added two story addition 30+ years ago. The addition was fully permitted and is on city records, but they don’t catch that additional square footage.

Thread Information