Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bye-bye deck, hello patio!

So much more space! Nice!

Thanks, everyone! I'm still thrilled and it's all I can do to not run out and just buy a fire pit/chiminea and chairs and tables and etc. LOL. I will wait!

Yes, it's definitely more space and more open. Need a few minor adjustments by the steps/door, but I am sooo happy!

Next up will be pictures of the new decking on both the front porches! I'm loving the look and sound of all this "no maintenance" stuff!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Paving stones or patterned concrete?

Paving stones.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Looks so good, stable and permanent.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm so jealous!! I really want a patio. It's on my wish list. A nice flagstone patio, so that we don't have to move the outdoor table every 2 weeks to keep the grass from dying under everyone's feet.

Looks GREAT, happy stuff!
    Ask your sons to knock it out one weekend. Easy-peasy.

We will bring a truck full of Victorian era brick to you for that patio when we pick up those twin beds. Haha.

what happened to them anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

We will bring a truck full of Victorian era brick to you for that patio when we pick up those twin beds. Haha.

Ahhh... I love good old-fashion bartering!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

We wound up bringing all the stuff up here to our new 10x10 storage unit. I kept telling DH that I was fine with putting the Ethan Allen table and the chairs on the curb, and also the frame for the twin bed headboards because the frames would have to be rebuilt anyway, but he did a weird turnaround and became the person who pushed for just bringing everything up and sorting it out later.

I am a bit fearful that someday after we're gone the kids will open up that locker and those things will still be sitting there.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don't think that will happen; I think someone in the family will be using them again by then. Good choice.

And all the contracted work is done! Here are the front porches with the new decking, new white posts supports and white bottom trim around.

DSC03012_LI.jpg

The stone basement and outside foundation has been patched where needed, so a little less drafty down there.

The power-washing of the house will be done in the spring, as the temperatures are now too cold.

We are now ready to settle into a more frugal winter. LOL.

Thread Information