As I've mentioned in other posts, I've taken a year-long "Optimize" program to instill good habits/find purpose, all that kind of stuff. So, in my bullet journal I make a grid every day for all the habits I'm working to incorporate on a daily basis. Examples are exercise, meditation, reading, good nutrition. One of those habits is "Creativity"--because I really feel like I'm missing that part of my life. In fact, whenever I put my check marks on my grid at the end of the day, the Creativity column is always blank.

Well, on FB I follow a particular author whose name I won't mention because I don't want this post to wind up in google's search engine. But I really admire and respect this writer's work. I've mentioned his books on this forum. Anyway, I saw that he was offering a 12-week writing class for a VERY reasonable price. Works out to about $5 a class. So I signed up.

I haven't taken a writing class in decades. I write reports, but I have no aspirations for being "A Writer" necessarily. I was just star struck enough to want to take advantage of this class. Why not?

So last night was the first night. 40 people participated. He assured us we don't have to read our stuff out loud if we don't want to. About halfway through the class he gave us a 20 minute assignment to write a descriptive piece using some prompt words he threw out, just to give us a framework.

I had so much fun doing that little assignment. I just dove in. When the time was up, I certainly didn't plan to read mine out loud. I'm shy, introverted and star struck. This is a writing hero of mine--and one of the participants is a filmmaker whose work I've actually seen.

But I read it anyway!! I just didn't want to hide in the corner, if this was my chance to get feedback from this author. And he loved it!! He gave me great feedback, better than many of the others who read.

So, I'm psyched! Psyched because I took time out just for a purely creative exercise. And psyched because I rose to the occasion. And psyched because I was able to put a big ol' check mark in my "Creativity" column in my bullet journal.