Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beto Redux

Moderate, reasonable Republican? Liz Cheney is about the only one of those left. And the Wyoming Republican Party just tossed her out on her ass. The future of the Republican Party looks more like marjorie Taylor Greene than it does Liz Cheney.

It seems like one party is in thrall to a ridiculous man and the other is in thrall to ridiculous ideas. Whoever wakes up first should do very well.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Beto is very popular in Austin where I used to live. Ditto Matthew McConaughey who is considering a run at some point. Regardless of political beliefs, I hope to see some younger candidates rather than the many very old lawmakers still in charge. If you want conservative, think Ben Sasse. He is whip smart and very principled. It is hard for people who don't know Texas and Texans to understand that it's a whole other country.
    I like Ben Sasse, also.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Moderate, reasonable Republican? Liz Cheney is about the only one of those left. And the Wyoming Republican Party just tossed her out on her ass. The future of the Republican Party looks more like marjorie Taylor Greene than it does Liz Cheney.
    I agree. What. does this say about the US and how bizarre some things are becoming? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I agree. What. does this say about the US and how bizarre some things are becoming? Rob
    It says that if republicans win majorities in either, or god forbid both, houses of congress Anytime soon we’re like to experience 30’s Germany style excitement in our lifetimes.

It says that if republicans win majorities in either, or god forbid both, houses of congress Anytime soon we’re like to experience 30’s Germany style excitement in our lifetimes.
    Never again.

Yppej
    The looney left might not be any better. I have been complaining at Board of Health meetings about mask mandates and yard waste issues and last weekend a masked man came and shot at one of my neighbors while she was working in her yard. I wasn't home at the time and wondered if I was the intended target but not being around he settled for her.

Two counterprotestors were arrested in Boston at an anti-mask, anti-vaccine rally.

Antifa is loving the mask mandates. Previously there were laws that you couldn't wear a mask to obscure your identity when wreaking mayhem at protests. No more.

People have been crying Nazi ever since the invention of Nazis. Yet here we still are.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    People have been crying Nazi ever since the invention of Nazis. Yet here we still are.
    Yeah but we also didn’t have a political party stake it’s entire plans for success around building the big lie into a central defining feature of the party. Yet here we are. And not just at the federal level. Wisconsin’s Republican Party has some interesting plans for continued ‘success’ that go well beyond typical Republican voter suppression and gerrymandering.

Republicans have loaded the lower courts and the Supreme Court. State level and local level elections are where it began. They are working to have no checks and balances. Taking over a country is a slow process that they have been working on since at least the Roe V Wade decision. It has become larger and more open. As I understand it ( no expert here) Germany fell into Nazi-ism over a decade. I do fear for our country and democracy. I thought things would change....

Thread Information