Thread: Hunger Strikes

Yppej

Hunger Strikes

Has anyone ever been on a hunger strike?

I am contemplating this for next spring or summer when the weather is warm if the mask mandate is still in place. My idea is I would take some vacation time, sit outside city hall holding a sign, work to get media attention, and not eat.

Yppej
    I mean anyone here in this forum. I already knew about Gandhi, also suffragists and others.

Is the issue worth risking your health, or would it be cutting off the nose to spite the toes. Would you continue until the madates are lifted? Doesn't make good sense to me, but it would most likely be harmless unless some whacko wants to do something to make a different point, which these days seems possible..

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Is the issue worth risking your health, or would it be cutting off the nose to spite the toes. Would you continue until the madates are lifted? Doesn't make good sense to me, but it would most likely be harmless unless some whacko wants to do something to make a different point, which these days seems possible..
    I figure I would do it for a week to a week and a half because that is all the vacation time I have. I would not announce though that it would be of limited duration.

But I am working on some other ideas in the meantime.

Thank you for your feedback.

I doubt that anyone will care that you don’t eat for a week and a half.

You’ll probably get just as much attention protesting in front of City Hall for a week and a half whether you eat or not.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I doubt that anyone will care that you don’t eat for a week and a half.

You’ll probably get just as much attention protesting in front of City Hall for a week and a half whether you eat or not.
    Could be. I was just thinking no one has done a hunger strike yet over masks that I am aware of so it might garner more media attention.

That sounds like a real waste of vacation time to me, but it is your vacation time to use as you see fit.

Thread Information