Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

"...And also not having to eat Tofurkey again, possibly forever..."

Even though I spent quite a few years as a vegetarian, I've never tasted tofurky.
    From your reaction, that was a good decision on my part.

In my neck of the woods it was a good day to go out for a walk (19F in midafternoon) and keep an eye out for the "quick red fox"... see if he jumps over the lazy brown dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Last year I had Thanksgiving at home due to Covid worries, and had Tofurkey. Thinking back to a year ago, while Covid is hardly gone, I am thankful for having a vaccine avaiible and relaxing at least some of the social distancing. And also not having to eat Tofurkey again, possibly forever. I'm traveling a short distance to have dinner with my brother and will fall off the vegan wagon for a real turkey meal, though certain meat products have lost their appeal, the other fixings are always good.
    When I was vegetarian I did make two annual exceptions: Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day (man, I love corned beef and cabbage!). I figured my contributions to the animal world, environment and my health entitled me to two free passes a year. I've never had Tofurkey, but I don't like any fake meat--because they are usually miserable imitations of the real thing and I question how good they are for you. Too much soy is bad for you, and I can't imagine that those poseur meats aren't crazy processed to get them act like what they're not.

As for us, I did find a turkey (mentioned in another post that we had forgotten to buy the turkey!) but it was frozen and as hard as I tried to thaw it in time by using hacks I found on the internet (put it in cold water and leave it in a cool place over night) it will didn't thaw sufficiently. so we had a roaster chicken instead.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information