Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And Jussie for All

And Jussie for All

I see Jussie Smollett will be reprising his role as accused hate crime fabricator in Chicago. Apparently his previous deal didn’t protect him from double jeopardy. His defense is coming out swinging, saying he is “the real victim”.

I know there have been a large number of hate crime hoaxes, usually on a college campus where people seem to think it will buy them some sort of status, but I can’t think of any cases of someone doing jail time for it.

Can you explain this double jeopardy thing? Civil verses criminal is not double jeopardy, nor are state verses federal charges.

To be consistent in my opinions, I think the idiot Mr. Smollet deserves only some kind of legal slap on the wrists, not a big show trial.

A large fine and something on his record that follows him forever would make me happy. Public scorn, lack of jobs, cancelling—yeah, that’s the ticket.Public humiliation for lying is always appropriate, as long as there is a way back. A path of redemption is important to me for these transgressions in life.

He DID provide one of Dave Chappelle’s best bits ever, so in THAT regard Jussie gave society value.

I still remember the classy way Taraji P. Henson apologized for her son’s false accusation of racial profiling by Los Angeles police. Actual video footage captured the encounter which showed the police officer being polite to her son. The kid attempted to gain victim status for this encounter.

I totally agree IL.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I totally agree IL.
    I totally agree with IL here too - even the referring to JS as an idiot. Was this stunt worth losing a promising high paying career? I have to say that I just don't get it. Rob

Give J a hard slap on the wrist AND do something to the idiot prosecutor Kim Foxx who had all sorts of irregularities with this case.

His defense seems to be trying to make the case that the two brothers attacked him out of homophobia. It makes the details provided earlier seem even more preposterous to me.

I don’t know that he deserves any punishment more severe than for any other fraudulent police report. The real penalty for being a ridiculous twit is that you’re a ridiculous twit. And I agree with Tradd that the prosecutor seems to have abused her discretion. We seem to be suffering from a bad run of foolish prosecutors, from the trivial bail of the Waukesha mass murderer to the rash of store looting all over.

Kim Foxx has a lot more issues than just this case.

It would appear that Mr Smollett wanted to associate a little notoriety with his name. While successful, I'm not sure it worked to his advantage.

I agree that a slap on the wrist is appropriate, make him pay for the cost of the investigation he initiated and then move on to the next bit of foolishness the media and politicians can promote for their own purposes.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The real penalty for being a ridiculous twit is that you’re a ridiculous twit.
    This has to be one of my favorite lines ever!

Thread Information