Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite lines from movies

Favorite lines from movies

I went out to eat last night with my DD/DSIL/DH/DS.

It was a nice place--like a Manhattan loft-type restaurant, but not that expensive--kind of medium priced for a very interesting menu. Couldn't decide what to eat. Settled on ahi tuna tacos, because DH had ordered small plates to share--korean meatballs, hummus platter and brie--so I didn't think I was that hungry.

But this morning I woke up really hungry. The tuna taco portions were very small which was fine last night, but didn't sustain me. I immediately thought of one of my favorite movie lines: Steve Martin in LA Story, spoken when he is served his beautifully presented but sparse dish in a fancy LA restaurant: "Gee, I'm done already and I don't remember eating."

Another favorite movie line:
    Diva rich-bitch Goldie Hawn in Overboard, who expects her tea at 4pm and Roddie McDowell brings it to her a few minutes early. She complains, "Andrew, I almost had to wait!"

Do you have any favorite lines from movies?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

One of my favorites is from The Princess Bride.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Princess-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I actually have this t-shirt. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

"it's just a flesh wound" and "I'm not dead [yet])" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Python is quoted frequently at our house. Absurdity and ridiculousness reign, so we may as well revel in it, lol.

The Devil wears Prada, Miranda is eminently quotable:

“Please bore someone else with your questions “

”That’s all” said in that bitchy little inflection

The Milagro Beanfield War is a story of water rights disputes in a small New Mexico town. The feds send in an undercover agent to investigate and his car is a non-descript city car. Being concious of this, before he drives into town he tears across open fields to add rock dents and dirt. Then his first drive through town a young resident looks at his friend and says, "cop". The other kid nods in agreement. Has cracked me up more than once.

I have a long list and used to keep a file with longer and more serious quotes.

I'm horrible at remembering movie lines, with the exception of movies I've seen more than a dozen times. Mine are: I'll have what she's having (When Harry met Sally), You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means (Princess Bride).

I love "I'm not dead yet"! My exposure is from the musical Spamalot.

IL, yes, Miranda Priestly is an iconic character. That's one of the movies DH and I happen to watch over and over if we see it's on TV.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

From the time our kids were small, we remembered the movie with a little girl who stated at critical moments, "I got to go, Mr Donovan". That same phrase was used in our family many times over the years. Cannot remember the movie or who acted the part of Mr Donovan.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I bow to The Dude’ s wisdom in home decor when he observes in The Big Lenowski that “this rug ties it all together.”

At least I think he was the one who said it. Someone in the film said it about his rug anyway.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-1-21 at 6:10pm.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    "You're lucky, I'm Lucky, we're all lucky"
    " Come up to the lab and see what's on the slab".

And my absolute favorite that really resounds with me right now. " And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time, lost in space and meaning"

I love RHPS. I have seen is over 225+/- times in the movie houses throughout the years ( starting in 1977)

Thread Information