Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite lines from movies

"Get Shorty" has so much good dialogue (if you don't mind obscenities). Here's one of my favorite exchanges:

“- Chili Palmer: How did you get in here?" (in his hotel room)
    - Ray Bones: It was easy. I told 'em I was you, I acted real stupid and they believed me.”
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

"One horrendous act does not define a person in his or her entirety" Judge Craig Mitchell - Skid Row Marathon.

oo-oo! I just thought of another one from The Outlaw Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood):

Sidekick: I wish we had time to bury them fellas.
    Josey Wales: To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    One of my favorites is from The Princess Bride.

I actually have this t-shirt. LOL.
    That's a classic, happystuff! I see there are a few Princess Bride quotes here.

Speaking of classics, I remember just breaking down and sobbing in my seat in the movies in 1967 at the end of Camelot, when King Arthur dubs knighthood on the boy who wants to fight for King Arthur's values, as Camelot is crumbling. King Arthur realizes that while his vision is gone temporarily, it's not really dead because the vision lives in this boy who can carry on the dream. So this line made me weep:

King Pellinore : Who is that, Arthur?
    King Arthur : One of what we all are, Pelly. Less than a drop in the great, blue motion of the sunlit sea. But it seems that some of the drops sparkle, Pelly. Some of them do sparkle! Run, boy! Run, boy!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range....
    HEY, just what you see pal. Terminator

Have you ever had the dream, where you're dressed in sun god robes, with thousands of naked women, throwing little pickles at you? No, just me then? Real Genius

Of course several things from Monty Python, and some of them are songs (always look on the bright side of life, every sperm is sacred). I would say at one point most of my friends could recite all their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    "You're lucky, I'm Lucky, we're all lucky"
    " Come up to the lab and see what's on the slab".

And my absolute favorite that really resounds with me right now. " And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time, lost in space and meaning"

I love RHPS. I have seen is over 225+/- times in the movie houses throughout the years ( starting in 1977)
    Although it is a song/song title, we continuously use "Dammit Janet!". Perfect vocalization for all those little frustrating moments in life.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My favorite line from “Casablanca”:

“I like to think you killed a man. It’s the romantic in me”.

Claude Rains got all the best lines in that movie.

When Cher slaps Nicholas Cage in Moonstruck - "Snap out of it!"
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

There is one that has come up a LOT for me lately. In fact it could almost be the theme of my life. However I am not sure if I could post it here.... Allen, Catherine, I ask Is it safe? Marathon man

Thread Information