Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: December Purge

Good job, folks! IL, I have many napkin rings, too...they are in the attic in silver cloth...Haven't used them for years. Haven't entertained that way for years. You may have inspired me to at least use them. If your cranberry glasses feel good in you hand maybe you could use them every day. Not display, but use.

When I made this move I decided to use my good dishes and glasses daily. That’s what a would do with the cranberry glasses. All the dishes are pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Good job, folks! IL, I have many napkin rings, too...they are in the attic in silver cloth...Haven't used them for years. Haven't entertained that way for years. You may have inspired me to at least use them. If your cranberry glasses feel good in you hand maybe you could use them every day. Not display, but use.
    You know, even though that is the obvious choice -use them – it didn’t really occur to me. I guess that’s because my color scheme does not accommodate cranberry/hot pink. But maybe it does? Will someone judge me if I use them? Ha ha

But you are right, I should really consider doing that. I have glass fronted drinks cabinet in my condo that would support me using them as well as display.

In my condo I am using my former “fine China” as well as sterling silver.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-28-21 at 12:55pm.

Iris, that selling on Ebay is what we are doing. The money goes directly to our chosen charity. They would never get the prices we can get on Ebay and since hubby has a business on ebay, it is fairly easy to list. (haha, he does half the work).

So far I have decluttered $3,000 worth of stuff that I do not even miss.

That's a lot of decisions, IL!

Today was several spices, a few holiday decor items and a pair of jeans.

It may seem like I'm jumping around, but the core work is systematic, and then the randoms are usually things used or discovered that no.longer serve me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Iris, that selling on Ebay is what we are doing. The money goes directly to our chosen charity. They would never get the prices we can get on Ebay and since hubby has a business on ebay, it is fairly easy to list. (haha, he does half the work).

So far I have decluttered $3,000 worth of stuff that I do not even miss.
    Good for you! To line in my own pockets it is not worth it to me to do these eBay sales. But during winter slow time I can motivate myself to do eBay sales for this organization. I am at $1500 in sales (not all ebay) but there’s not much else to come out of my house that I’m willing to eBay and ship.

I do have extensive plans for the next in-person sale held by our Park Conservancy. I will sell furniture, framed art, etc. I just hope we really have it in June because by then I will know exactly what I need to get rid of from my city house.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-28-21 at 2:03pm.

Old or expired spice jars.

Hubby saves empty prescription bottles. (Why?) Tossed all but most recently emptied one.

Expired over the counter meds.

Put two old unused prescriptions in the car. They'll get turned in at the police station tomorrow after work for their drug collection disposal.

Multiple pens that don't write.

An old address book. Didn't need even one name/number/address. Unfortunately, many listed are now deceased.

Two bottles of dried up glue.

Yppej
    Continuing with electronic decluttering. My mom wants to offer up some of her clutter to her kids this coming weekend. Already I turned down some things and will try to be judicious in what I take.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Continuing with electronic decluttering. My mom wants to offer up some of her clutter to her kids this coming weekend. Already I turned down some things and will try to be judicious in what I take.
    We have a rule that if Mom offers something, you have to take it, even if you are going to donate it. It is one way to get clutter out of her house! It does make me a little bit sad that much of her clutter comes here temporarily as a waystation before gifting or donating, but I am quite diligent about moving it along so I guess it's OK.

Rosa, that is one clever way to declutter a house that needs it done.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information