Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: December Purge

December Purge

The "magic sidewalk" worked once again and the huge, old bbq grill has been taken away. I hope someone uses it more than we did. The hope is to get a much smaller grill, as we don't grill that often.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    The "magic sidewalk" worked once again and the huge, old bbq grill has been taken away. I hope someone uses it more than we did. The hope is to get a much smaller grill, as we don't grill that often.
    Girlfriend, that bbq grill is worth real money at the scrap dealer!

I’m hoping we can jettison two of them in the next year or so.

Possibly, but I think I would rather see it reused rather than scrapped and that is my hope.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Possibly, but I think I would rather see it reused rather than scrapped and that is my hope.
    Oh yes, for sure additional uses as a grill would be preferred.

Three pair of socks, another underwear and a sleeveless sweater all trashed. Two men's golf shirts in the donate stack. One carpet steamer in very good condition - I used it three times - sold on FB.

Yppej
    Business cards with my old phone number on them. I used them when job hunting.

3 Tall barn wood porch decorations - a witch, Santa & bunny. 2 girls Halloween costumes - Belle & Sleeping Beauty (girls are now married and out of house), dd2 graduation gown community college, 2 bags of dw's misc clothes, misc Halloween decorations, ladies dress shoes, 2 frames novelty pictures from girls bedrooms (again, married and out of the house - years ago!), water ski vest (we have never owned a boat), Big score as my dw was really on board with todays load up. When she was pulling out the ski vest there was some misc balls, bats, mitts etc. I mentioned grab those...she balked. "We have a grandson coming - let's keep those." THE grandson is isn't due to be born until later this month! At that point I knew our little session was over for today!

I didnt even let a bag of “goodies” (god how I hate that term) enter my house. Yesterday’s dog parade was fun but they forced a “goody bag worth $60!!!” on each participant, so I gave mine away. I dont even know what was in it. My dog is none the wiser.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-5-21 at 11:47am.

LOL, Greg. It's always wise to know when it is time to stop for the day.

Purge of sorts. Since I was in college, I have researched part time for clients - for 37 years. While I haven't advertised for years, I still have a couple firms that would hire me on a regular basis. Because the Library has been closed, I haven't researched at all since the beginning of Covid. I realized while having the extra pocket money was nice, it was not worth the hassle of my time. I wrote both of firms this a.m. that I was taking a "pause" from doing research and appreciated all their business in the past. I paused - didn't want to completely burn my bridges!

Also did an electronic purge - went through my list of "subscribed" YouTube channels and deleted all that I no longer was interested in, or that they have stopped adding new content.
    I started with 58. Then I reviewed the list again. Then again, each time eliminating a couple channels, and finally had cut out about 27 channels. I would like to cut out some of friends off the Facebook -- except I don't have a Facebook, it is my wife's account -- so i better not defriend anyone, though there are several I would like to cut out!!

Thread Information