Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: December Purge

paint purge
    Our local Sherwin Williams takes back old paint. It is some sort of recycling program.

Two pair of pants and one pair of shorts that are too low rise for me - I'm too old to worry if my butt shows when I bend over.

Several towels repurposed to rags.

A can of PAM spray that expired in 2018! I think it was recently purchased, and not languishing in the pantry...which is concerning.

Gift bags and misc wrap, again.

A few seasonal decor items that don't fit my style any longer and are aged.

I was on a roll today: two tablecloths, many placemats, six cloth napkins, one hoodie - it was put together wrong, and always looked twisted. Two generic tablets bought for grandkids in case of an iPad emergency - likely never used. One old cell phone and case. Two cellphone clips. Two.more golf shirts from hubby's closet.

Lmerullo: It certainly does sound like you were on a roll, good job!

I took five or six medium sized boxes to ARC and Habitat today. An accumulation of a few months with clothes, books, a few tools, and misc. I think for left-over paint I'm going to start with the paint hardener that HD sells. I'm getting close to selling some mismatched sterling utensils that I've inherited but have never used. The emotional attachment is almost gone.

My home had an early 70's wall mount rotary phone when I moved in. Similar models seem to be going for $50-$100 on eBay, which is sort of wierd. Undecided if I will eBay it or donate.
    Last edited by Rogar; 12-10-21 at 10:31pm.

We hauled another 3 large bags of stuff from Mom's house today. I already have someone picking up yet another batch of Christmas cards tomorrow. I will be going through and giving and donating the rest of the stuff over the next few days.

This month was a huge clean out of craft room. Items with value are in draft form for ebay listing. Balance is boxed up for the guild sales booth, the library and a thrift shop. Husband is amazed and so am I. Have fabric to tackle but first need to access it behind other boxes of fabric. hahaha.

I have found that the excessive books and patterns were merely cluttering up my mind and making my life harder with too many choices. I do not need to own everything printed. Doubt I will miss any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Sounds like you and sis have a great plan, rosa. Glad your mom understands and is cooperative.

Been giving away books in small lots through the local Buy Nothing group. The theme lots like All the Books in a Series, Yesterday's Future Today (Science fiction books published in the 60s that take place in the 2020s), Find Your Next Favorite Author (anthologies), and Airport Reading (random assortment of paperbacks).

I'll admit it's fun coming up with themes for the lots, though I wish I could just drop them off somewhere. The lots move quickly once I post them, giving priority to the first to pick up also helps.
    The lot themes sound fun! Good way to do it!

Gave two doorway gates to the neighbor and an extra Brita pitcher to another neighbor over the weekend. Have also been cleaning for the holidays and loading up the donation boxes for pickup this Friday.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Husband cleared out all but two ties. A Red Gold Tomato tie went to our local baker who has Red Gold as a team sponsor. Others went to a neighbor for crafting since no one wanted them on Ebay.

Thread Information